It's winter in Wisconsin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
:eek: Eek!!

Well, I looked outside this morning and the inevitable is finally here: winter in Wisconsin. Other than one snowstorm at the beginning of December, we have pretty much avoided it until now with lots of 40-45 degree days. I week and a half ago I was out on the deck in the backyard using my new turkey fryer and wort chiller and I didn't even need a jacket on.

Unfortunately I woke up today to see some nasty white stuff all over the ground. I guess it had to come sooner or later.

I also guess that it's back to brewing on the stove inside. (SWMBO will kill me when that happens).

Yeah, we haven't seen any winter yet here in the Northeast, but it's coming. Still above freezing today, so I'll get in a batch today to take advantage.

Much the same here as up North. No snow here today, but sleet and ice this morning and a predicted high of just above freezing. We're being told of impending snow tonight into tomorrw AM, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I do all of my Winter brewing in the garage. So, unless it's brutally bitter cold outside, I just bundle up and carry on!

It is snowing and cold here and we are on our 4th or 5th storm in 3 weeks. This is not like Colorado weather. I've already shoveled more Snow than I did the past 3 years combined.
I had to brew indoors last night and I forgot how slow stove top brewing can be.

We've had more snow this winter than in the previous decade and more on the way. This was typical of the winters 2-300 years ago, but not the last 60 years.

How much did you get on Milwaukee? We didn't get Jack ****. And it's not cold, either-26 F-Whoopie Fizz. It's January for cryin' out loud. It's supposed to be below zero. This ain't winter.:mad:

Update- well this is at least a bit more like it. It's snowing outside with 5-8 inches forecast! Woo-Hoo!
I've been rather grouchy lately since winter is my favorite season and I've been feeling deprived this year, but now I'm getting a bit of a fix.
With apologies to Richbrewer, who I'm sure has seen enough white stuff this year, I say it's about time!

It was 73 degrees here today and the forecast for tomorrow is the same. :ban:

Unfortunately it's suppose to be highs in the 40's from Wed - Sun. :(

RichBrewer said:
It is snowing and cold here and we are on our 4th or 5th storm in 3 weeks. This is not like Colorado weather. I've already shoveled more Snow than I did the past 3 years combined.
I had to brew indoors last night and I forgot how slow stove top brewing can be.

Feeling your pain somewhat, but I have an HOA so I haven't touched a shovel yet:ban:

Why'd you brew inside? I brewed outside yesterday, just put on a warm coat and spent as little time outside as possible, everything seemed to go fine.:drunk:

ColoradoXJ13 said:
Feeling your pain somewhat, but I have an HOA so I haven't touched a shovel yet:ban:

Why'd you brew inside? I brewed outside yesterday, just put on a warm coat and spent as little time outside as possible, everything seemed to go fine.:drunk:
My brew area on the back porch is still under about 2 feet of Snow.:drunk:

Back