• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maine Complete brewery for sale in Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its a good price plus its obo. Show me a complete brew setup for around that price.. the bottle machine alone is worth some money

Maybe we can pull 100 homebrew talk users together with 1 g a piece and start HBT Brewing

I have been speaking to him, as a person about to open a brewery, my biggest thing is the plastic fermenters

marcb said:
I'm in as long as we can keep it at my house ; )

I was thinking once we own it we pay some schmuck off of HBT to run it and send us money/beer once in a while. We would make a poll and use the best recipes from HBT... Needless to say most of them would come from my database. :)

I have been speaking to him, as a person about to open a brewery, my biggest thing is the plastic fermenters

So offer him $80K w/o the fermenters and buy whatever you want - but don't expect (8) 8 bbl SS fermenters can be had for $20K. Start with plastic and switch over as funding allows.

Mashinations said:
So offer him $80K w/o the fermenters and buy whatever you want - but don't expect (8) 8 bbl SS fermenters can be had for $20K. Start with plastic and switch over as funding allows.

In no way am I saying the price is unfair but regardless of the price I am Leary of using plastic fermenters

if the brewery came with a residence, we could rotate investors/brewers thru and not have to find local accommodations.

Its a long commute from VA, but i do have a friend in NH.

My previous business partner has spent over 100k in California for his 10bbl brewery with a made in house brewhouse. When you think equipment + time put in , 100k COULD be a steal.
This is a debate me and a buddy had. Food grade/ UV stabalized Polyethylene tanks should be fine short term and, as long as they are well taken care of, for a "medium" amount of time.

if the brewery came with a residence, we could rotate investors/brewers thru and not have to find local accommodations.

Its a long commute from VA, but i do have a friend in NH.

It does say in the post it's ready for turnkey operations - I read that as one can leave it in place (and would likely need to pick up the lease/rent of where it's at).

Damn this for being on the otherside of the country. Also, $1200/month for rent on a space fitting 7bbl brewery is way cheap. In los angeles, I'm looking at that much for 1100 sq ft.

Damn this for being on the otherside of the country. Also, $1200/month for rent on a space fitting 7bbl brewery is way cheap. In los angeles, I'm looking at that much for 1100 sq ft.

It's Portland, ME. You can get a decent house not far outside Portland for a mortgage of $1,200/month.

It's Portland, ME. You can get a decent house not far outside Portland for a mortgage of $1,200/month.

mmmm....unless by decent you mean 2 BR ranch 30-40 minute drive from Portland, you need to come up a bit on that mortgage payment...

Taxes are killer here....only 1 million people in a huge landmass of a state. Most of them old.

mmmm....unless by decent you mean 2 BR ranch 30-40 minute drive from Portland, you need to come up a bit on that mortgage payment...

Taxes are killer here....only 1 million people in a huge landmass of a state. Most of them old.

I said mortgage payment - nothing to do with taxes. With 20% down and a 4% mortgage rate equates to about $320K purchase price on a home.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/401-Allen-Ave_Portland_ME_04103_M44034-94646?row=8

4 bed, 3 bath, 2K square feet IN Portland.

Forklift, walking coolers, bottling equip & everything else sounds like a damn good deal to me!

I have $1k to throw in where's the other 99%?

Forklift, walking coolers, bottling equip & everything else sounds like a damn good deal to me!

I have $1k to throw in where's the other 99%?

Could you even IMAGINE the amount of bickering that would go on with 100 people from here trying to run the 1st meeting about the new brewery :eek:

A co-op style brewery is not the worst idea I've ever heard. I wish I lived closer. Put me down for 1% and I will daydream some more here at work.

A co-op style brewery is not the worst idea I've ever heard. I wish I lived closer. Put me down for 1% and I will daydream some more here at work.

That makes 3 of u as already! Just 97 more and we are good to go lol

I would pony up just to watch the bickering. "I want to use chinook", "oh know, you need to use warrior", fermentation temperature should be 64f not 65f. Would be fun ......

I live about one and a half miles from this place and I'm not even buying it. Too much $$ and I'm not into their fabbed up stuff. Have you seen the HLT? Mash tun? Hmm...

Still $1000 buys 1percent which is basically a 3 day time share. This could be fun. I would not mind owning a one week timeshare.

Talks about a co op as if they dont work or exist.. But there is one that has been functioning perfectly for a few years in texas and we are near months away from opening our co op here in grand rapids, mi! They do work!

Back