Final Mr. Beer batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdgapc

Reaction score
im getting ready to retire my mr beer feremtner and brew only in my ale pail and glass carboy:rockin:. i decided to do one last batch (IPA) in the 2.25 gallon mr beer fermeter. any thoughts or suggestions, i already have the ingriedents so altering the hop schudle is the only possibility:

Malt: 3.3 Golden Light LME
Hops: 1 oz Columbus 60 minutes
1 oz Amarillo 15 minutes
1 oz Citra 5 minutes
Yeast: SafeAle 05

Any idea on how this will turn out?

no i didnt have the money, this is an economy batch, i used saved pocket change, the total bill came to 30 something and the change covered it almost to the penny.

That's pretty expensive for what you got. All that would be less than $20 from my LHBS but they haven't had Citra or Amarillo in stock for a long time. I think it should turn out pretty good.

That's pretty expensive for what you got. All that would be less than $20 from my LHBS but they haven't had Citra or Amarillo in stock for a long time. I think it should turn out pretty good.

i got a few other things too like caps and carb tabs (since bottleing from mr beer fermentor) and a few wine corks.

i got a few other things too like caps and carb tabs (since bottleing from mr beer fermentor) and a few wine corks.

one other idea i had was blendingn all 3 oz of hops together and using 1 oz of the blend at the same schedule, thoughts?

No, I think your current schedule is perfect. I wouldn't waste citra and amarillo in a bittering addition. If you wanted a more blended flavor/aroma of the hops, I'd do half an ounce of both citra and amarillo at 15 and half an ounce of both again at 5. Leave the columbus for bittering only.

No, I think your current schedule is perfect. I wouldn't waste citra and amarillo in a bittering addition. If you wanted a more blended flavor/aroma of the hops, I'd do half an ounce of both citra and amarillo at 15 and half an ounce of both again at 5. Leave the columbus for bittering only.

ok i like your idea of flavor/aroma blending, i may keep it as is or do your idea, since its only a 2.25~2.5 gallon bactch is the full ounce of columbus too much or should that be ok?

Latest posts

Back