South Shore Brew Off (Massachusetts)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do we pay for our entries? Neither the link nor the entry rules explain it (it looks like the payment section of the entry rules was never filled in)

Woohoo!!! A silver and a bronze!!! My first medals!!! Time to celebrate with a tasty, AWARD-WINNING homebrew :ban:

I took a 1st with my saison. I spoke with a judge this morning and he said there may be an issue with the software used and the results posted. The event organizer was notified and is going to look into it this afternoon. I'm pretty sure I was affected by it but hopefully I'm the only case.

Marc, the software is listing the winners in order by style number/letter, and not the way we wanted it listed. I'll be working on the "easier to read" version this afternoon. But you did take first, so quit yer bitchin'. :drunk:

Oh, and congrats on the win. Unfortunately, I didn't get to try that one.:mug:

My possible issue is with another beer I entered. When I talked to Dave G. this morning I mentioned I was surprised my English Barleywine didn't place. He said he judged that category and knew the only 19B that was entered took first in the category. Hence, my confusion.

Marc, the software is listing the winners in order by style number/letter, and not the way we wanted it listed. I'll be working on the "easier to read" version this afternoon. But you did take first, so quit yer bitchin'. :drunk:

Oh, and congrats on the win. Unfortunately, I didn't get to try that one.:mug:

So my silver and bronze are still good? I'd hate to start professing my beer as award-winning prematurely :eek:

Yeah, DaveG is definately confused.
I stewarded at the other side of that table for the Ciders and there were two 19B's because they went back and forth on them both.

That's weird. I entered a 19B. My check cleared, so I assume my entry made it in. Anyone who was there remember something wrong with a third entry?

Just wanted to send a thank you to the South Shore Brewoff crew - I received my award package yesterday and it was much more than I was expecting. Thanks!

Back