First all grain, dog enjoyed it (read you will laugh)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wester101

Reaction score
So i learned a couple of things. First ice cubes are evil. I threw some in to lower my mash temp, that went great except i didn't have enough hot water to counter balance my new way to low temp so i had to heat some more (longest 13 min of my life). 2nd thing i learned was my dog likes grains. I left my mash tun open while i was draining into my brew pot i went inside to grab my phone i come out my dog is one the table with her head in the mash tun, the 152 degree water wasn't enough to keep her from stuffing her head in. Dog is falls off the table and is stuned but she is fine, beer still not sure but least she didn't knock if over. All in all fun day of learning.

Blow off tube?

Great story! A picture of her head in the MLT would have been awesome!!

yeah i was kinda startled so i yelled and she ran for her life. In hind sight should have taken the photo.

How about Dog Slobber Ale?

Great story and mental images. I'm beginning to think it's better without pics.

Man, I must be a sicko. I'm still laughing at all of the stopper/bung hole jokes.

Back