What is everyones favourate "mainstream" beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wonderin what exactly is the line between "mainstream" and craft beer?

sam adams?

Sierra Nevada?

#1 is pilsner urquell. keiths india pale ale and moosehead are very good to.

Well. I like the Sam Adams product a great deal..but I guess my favorite would have to be Bells Oberon...Made right here in Kalamazoo.....

My favorite is Brooklyn Lager, which is pretty ubiquitous here in NYC and surrounding areas now. Sam Adams Boston Lager is similar, and widely available. If they have it on tap Guiness is my beer of choice. I never have the bottled stuff.

I had a Bud a few months ago for the first time in years, and I can't remember the last time I had Miller or Coors. I used to drink Molsons a lot, but haven't in a long time. Now that I've trained my palatte a little, the Bud tasted of additives and was not satisfying.

LaBatt Blue Light, Dos Equis Amber or Smithwicks would be my choices for mainstream beers.

CRAFT BREW: DFH60, DFH90, DFH IBA , Heavy Seas Hop3, Heavy Seas Below Decks.

BMC: NO Rolling Rock, Corona, Heine's in a bottle, New Castle in a bottle.....everything else fair game

Beerrific said:
The beer with the blue ribbon.

Thats mine too.

Sure, its swill, but for the cost vs. flavor ratio is better than most. I can't afford to dole out $8/sixer for really good beer too often.

If I'm somewhere with a crappy beer selection I have no problems with a Newcastle, Sam Adams, Negra Modelo, or Bass.

:mug: I drink PBR or Busch Light at home. Just can't see paying a lot of money for the premium brews out there.For good beer..... that's why I brew. Reminds me of when they tried to sell that L. A. beer, WHAT? pay twice as much to get drunk? No thanks!:D :confused: :D

Simply, from a "main stream" brewery. I like Sam Adams as a Lager and Pilsner Urquell as a Pisner. My favorite ales are Goose Island and 3 Floyd's.

Back