Bottled an amber ale today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rflem550

Reaction score
My second attempt at home brewing. It tasted better than the first beer I did.

DSC01750.jpg

6.6# LME
1# Cara Munich II
3oz roast barley
some other grain i maybe forgetting ????

steep crushed grain for 30 min

boil for 30 minutes:
LME
1oz Centennial
1tsp water crystals

boil for 15 minutes:
1oz Cascade

boil for 15 minutes:
1tsp irish moss
1oz of Amarillo

Dry hopped in secondary with 1oz Cascade.

A few rookie mistakes made along the way.....Need to get the process down a little better....I guess that comes with repition.

I like the perspective on that pic.

Did you go with straight corn sugar, or try your luck with the maple syrup?

i was trying to get some sunlight through the glass so i could see the color.

funny you ask about the maple syrup and sugar. lol

i had my bottling bucket on my bottom step of my deck and my secondary at the top step (so there would be no lag in my transfer tube)....my bottling bucket, because of the spout, will not sit on a flat surface....the tit is lower than the bottom of the bucket, so i had to have a ledge to let sit off.....well, i brought the boiled corn sugar water outside, and dumped it into my bottling bucket. i let it sit for a while and then i came back out and gave the bucket a good twirl to whirlpool it around one last time......i realized my pour spout was open and i lost some sugar water. doh! so i had to go back inside and boil some water and sugar to replace it.......completely shooting from the hip.

we'll see what happens....

Latest posts

Back