Problems with serving pressures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfrice80

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently filled my 6 tap keezer and now am having serving issues. All beers were force carbed at the same PSI. I have 6 feet of liquid line for each tap. Keezer temp is set at 45 degrees. Some of my beers are all head coming out of the tap while others are great. I have messed with serving pressures. Started low around 2-5 PSI and it didn't solve the problem so I bumped it to 10 PSI and basically having the same problem. Any advice would be helpful. Just want a consistent pour every time. Thanks everyone.

Not an expert, but those foaming issues pretty much disappeared when I moved to longer lines. I'd rather wait an extra 3 seconds on the pour than end up with a glass of foam.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on. "Serving pressure" should be the same as "carbonating pressure"- in other words, pick the correct pressure for your beer, normally 15 psi at 45 psi, and leave it there.

Don't shake, agitate, move the kegs, or turn the pressure up or down. That should solve the issues, assuming that you haven't messed around with the pressures.

If you burst carbed the beer with a higher pressure, then it's probably overcarbed and that will take some futzing around to fix. Turn off the gas, and purge the keg several times a day until it's not overcarbed. Then reset to 15 psi and wait for it to carb up. Make sure your lines are 10' long or so- longer is even better since your system should be set at 15 psi, so consider 15' lines..

These are some great ideas. Most we're force carbed at 12 PSI, 45 degrees for a week. Then I would put my serving pressure around 2-5 PSI to try and avoid the pint full of head. I take it that longer lines (15' at 15 PSI) would come out a little slower than 5' at 15 PSI? Because at 12 PSI w/5' of line I feel like it comes barreling out and creates more foaming. I'm still learning with the keezer but it mostly sounds like I need to standardize my system.

Back