New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks good, what about the recipe?

Pretty simple

4lbs Pale Malt
4 lbs Wheat
1 lb munich

10 grams of Centennial at 60 min
18 grams of Centennial at 5 min

The first time I brewed it I fermented with Wyeast 1010 (american wheat) and this time I used WLP029 Kolsch. I think I prefer the 1010 better. The hop bill was designed to be cheap and get away with buying a 1 oz bag of hops.

Pretty simple

4lbs Pale Malt
4 lbs Wheat
1 lb munich

10 grams of Centennial at 60 min
18 grams of Centennial at 5 min

The first time I brewed it I fermented with Wyeast 1010 (american wheat) and this time I used WLP029 Kolsch. I think I prefer the 1010 better. The hop bill was designed to be cheap and get away with buying a 1 oz bag of hops.

The WLP029 Kölsch is a funny strain, it really needs some aging time, almost as much time as a lager. I have used it a few times, and have found 2 extra weeks in secondary gets rid of the sulfur after taste.

The WLP029 Kölsch is a funny strain, it really needs some aging time, almost as much time as a lager. I have used it a few times, and have found 2 extra weeks in secondary gets rid of the sulfur after taste.

Oh there's no of flavors, no sulfur. I just like what the wyeast 1010 does in this beer

5 week old Pils. Lagering for wussy's. I am only kidding. Cheers

IMG_0681.jpg

Another one of my Mosaic and Rakau pale ale. Damn this is a good one. will continue to work on this and make it a house pale ale. The malt profile is just right and the hops make it stand out from the normal citrus that i've had lately.

IMG_0557.jpg

Botteled my testversion of a blackberry witbier if taste is alright after conditioning in bottle we will make 8 gallons of this recipe.
Base was a witbier with citra hop fermented with Mangrove Jack M20

WP_20150420_001.jpg

Back