Score!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdavisii

Reaction score
went to the the local micro brew for lunch and a couple beverages for lunch today. When we were done i was walking to my truck and the brewers were outside on a brake. I talked to them and asked if they sell any bulk grain. He asked what i was looking for and i told him. He came back with two fifty pound bags of grain. One bag of euro pils and one bag of aromatic. I asked how much i owed him and he said its on the house. Thats right 100lbs of grain for FREE..:tank:

Umm.... wow.... which brewery is this? I think you should call your first brew using those grains something like "Lucky Bastard"...

Well you now have enough Aromatic malt to last until heat death of the universe. It looks like I get to be the first person to say

YOU SUCK

Yes i have enough aromatic for the rest of my life and will give it to my grandchildren:) I still cant believe my luck today....I guess my good looks are finally paying off:)

At less than 30 Lintner, it is technically too low in alpha-amylase to self-convert. So, no aromatic SMaSH. However, drop in 20% 6-row and you might be OK.

If I could brew every day, I would attempt to make a SMaSH of everything. I need a sponsor.

You can make an all aromatic beer. Ohiobrewtus has and I've had the pleasure of having one. It's much less intense than you would imagine. Incredible complexity out of just one malt.

Im going to brew a pilsner today with my free grain.............If anyone in the STL area wants some aromatic ill be happy to share. Just let me know.

Sure wish i could get some of it from you, but i live a little farther south.. I have seen recipes that call for it. But it wouldn't be worth the drive.

Besides, i don't know what aromatic is (i'm still a noob)..

Back