Beer from keg comes out all foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberdouglas

Reaction score
Hi, guys: So, I'm working with a 2.5 gal corny keg (I have two of these) with a ball lock faucet right on the keg (no line). I've coordinated my fridge temp with the PSI of the Co2 (44 degrees with 10PSI). When I first started to drink the keg, I was getting a good head, but there was a point where all I would get was head. I've read a bunch of posts indicating that when this happens you should just make the line longer, but I have the ball lock faucet so that's not an option. Any ideas? Thanks.

Can you replace the faucet with a beer out disconnect, line and picnic faucet? That whole setup would cost about 12 bucks or so. May be a good investment. Is the faucet sitting on a normal beer out post? How about a pic?

Can you replace the faucet with a beer out disconnect, line and picnic faucet? That whole setup would cost about 12 bucks or so. May be a good investment. Is the faucet sitting on a normal beer out post? How about a pic?
what he said!

I think it would need to be more like 1 to 2psi. At any rate it will always be a balancing act between carbonating and serving. I agree with davekippen that a picnic faucet would help a lot, that's what I use.

Hey, guys. So, pictures are indeed in order. I was going to go for the picnic faucet, but saw this one and thought it'd be a great fit for my beer fridge. I did knock the PSI down to 3 and the head problem has dissipated quite a bit. So, for my next round, I'll carbonate at the higher PSI (11 or so) for a week and then knock it down to 2-3 for the drinking. Thanks for the help and I'll repost to let you know how it goes.

keg.jpg

faucet.jpg

Back