Reclaimed Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cgreen042389

Reaction score
I am lucky enough that my SWMBO's parents renovate houses and as a Christmas present they gave me a ton of 100yr old heart pine that they pulled out of a recent renovation. So what do I do? Use it for the bar.

IMG_7457.jpg

IMG_7452.jpg

IMG_7551.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

That is tremendous. I love the unfinished board lengths at the bottom. Very very cool.

Thanks you guys! I'm definitely happy with the way it turned out... As far as the bottom goes, they are all the same length (~) but some of the boards weren't painted all of the way so I thought that would give it a rugged finish from far away but give it a finished look up close... Can't wait to get the last two shanks in the mail.

I'm in the process of doing something very similar with a freezer. Got a bunch of reclaimed pine this past weekend and have been meaning to post up something.

LoresonDE said:
I'm in the process of doing something very similar with a freezer. Got a bunch of reclaimed pine this past weekend and have been meaning to post up something.

Biggest piece of advice I could give you would be to rip off the back piece of the groove and leave the tongue... It'll make life a whole lot easier when trying to fit all of the old pieces together.... I'd like to see how yours comes out

image-736886421.jpg

Biggest piece of advice I could give you would be to rip off the back piece of the groove and leave the tongue... It'll make life a whole lot easier when trying to fit all of the old pieces together.... I'd like to see how yours comes out

Thats actually exactly what I will be doing, except the wood I have is barn wood and does not have tongue/groove. So i'll be making the joints as I go.

Nice Unit....do u have any pics of the tower area where tha taps are...Did u drill through the top up into the tower ?...if so how are you keeping the lines cold?

thanks

I actually built a collar and drilled through the back and ran the lines through that way. As far as cold goes they stay decently cold naturally due to continual use... I imagine you could get insulated lines if you wanted but I don't really worry about it, even if I have to lose a couple ounces it's never more than 3-4 to get it cold.

Now that all of the taps are on...

image-681838964.jpg

image-2116025296.jpg

I finally got around to putting some pictures up, probably going to be awhile to finish, go alot going on lately. The wood I have is a little different and it just dimensional stuff, no tongue and groove.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/fermenter-build-using-barn-wood-388724/

Back