Anyone have a CAD model of GE 7.0 chest freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerklein2

Reaction score
Or know where one is? Starting to design my keezer and I like to do things like this in CAD. I'm running Pro/E so neutral format like STEP or IGES is good.

Cheers!

I have been tinkering around with setups in SolidWorks. Best thing to do is just go to the store with a tape measure and take inside dims of different models available to you. Then, model up a quick model with the different configurations you want to see...

I have been tinkering around with setups in SolidWorks. Best thing to do is just go to the store with a tape measure and take inside dims of different models available to you. Then, model up a quick model with the different configurations you want to see...

Sorry, shouldn't clarified that I've already bought the freezer. It's being delivered Tuesday.

I was supposed to get that one delivered today, I even took the day off only to find out it's been backordered and won't deliver until January 3. You might want to call and confirm that they have stock. Did you get yours from Home Depot on cyber Monday?

I was supposed to get that one delivered today, I even took the day off only to find out it's been backordered and won't deliver until January 3. You might want to call and confirm that they have stock. Did you get yours from Home Depot on cyber Monday?

I did get mine on cyber Monday. GE already called me and rescheduled the delivery for next Tuesday.

Hey kerklein,

Have you had any luck finding a CAD file for this GE freezer yet? I am considering doing the same as you, using AutoCAD, but will most likely draw three plane 2D drawings of just the outside of the freezer. IF I get something together, you are welcome to it. I will send you a PM when the time comes...it really is just dependent on how much time I can make to do this.

Hey kerklein,

Have you had any luck finding a CAD file for this GE freezer yet? I am considering doing the same as you, using AutoCAD, but will most likely draw three plane 2D drawings of just the outside of the freezer. IF I get something together, you are welcome to it. I will send you a PM when the time comes...it really is just dependent on how much time I can make to do this.

I didn't find one, so I made one for myself. I didn't add a ton of detail, but plenty more than you need to build a keezer except for the bolt pattern on the hinges.

What format would you want?

.DWG/.DXF would be ideal and most appreciated! If you do not use those formats, I'll be glad to obtain anything you have, as there are certainly file converters available that I will be able to find online.

elderfuthark at g mail

THANK you! :mug:

.DWG/.DXF would be ideal and most appreciated! If you do not use those formats, I'll be glad to obtain anything you have, as there are certainly file converters available that I will be able to find online.

elderfuthark at g mail

THANK you! :mug:

I'd have to put in a little work to go to 2D with it. Can you take a 3D model?

Yes, certainly 3D is good and preferred actually, as that is even more flexible...I can always create a 2D from the 3D drawing if I desire to do so. cheers! :mug:

Alright, I'll post up a STEP model this evening if that works for you. If I forget, just message me again or post to the thread.

Back