NAPA Wine Tours

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dan-

Reaction score
I'll be in San Francisco for a few days in early April and my girlfriend wants to take one of the wine country tours. She currently is settled on a tour with Platypus (http://www.platypustours.com).

Has someone done of these tours before? Apparently they are pretty popular from what I hear. Any input and suggestions is appreciated.

I can't speak to the specific tour, but I can say that the Chateau St. Jean winery (Sonoma Valley) is a truly beautiful place (the gardens will definitely appeal to your lady) and some of the wines they have available for tasting are only available for purchase at the winery (and they're really quite good).

The only thing I would say about my wine country experience was that it seems like the town where we stayed (at a B&B I cannot recall the name of right now) rolled the sidewalks up at 10pm - it seemed like a rather "dead" place to be for being so geared towards tourists.

I guess that's why going with a tour is probably a better idea, they'll know where to stay, where to eat, and what to do when you're not visiting the wineries.

Yes.... we did one last year... by far the best was Tudal Winery. Family owned and phenomenal hospitality.

Yes.... we did one last year... by far the best was Tudal Winery. Family owned and phenomenal hospitality.

So you did the Platypus thing? How many did you visit during your tour? How big was the group?

My Uncle rented a party bus and we had about 20-25 people. We went to 3 different wineries plus squeezed in a beer tasting for me.

Back