Impossible Quest! Selling homebrew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echotraveler

Reaction score
Hello guys,

today i called a goverment office that is responsible of helping people to make new business. I was given an email, and i explained thru that email that im producing beer at a very small scale. it would be possible to sell it at a local veggie market, but i would like to make it legally.

I would like to brew as an Artisan... like many wood carvers, or Mavi (maubi) brewers. It should be possible....:drunk:

im waiting for their reply...i would still sell my "traditional fermented drinks" no matter what they say...

I know they have been relaxing the law for winemakers in some of the states but haven't heard anything about homebrew.

Good luck.

THANX OLLLLLO! i appreciate it! its 3:40 governmental employees here stop answering phones at 3:30...they'r not supposed to do that but thats how its done....

I'm reading my way through "Starting Your Own Brewery".

Depending on the state, it is complex, but not really that hard. With the internet, at least you can find the information you need in most cases. It does take a bit of money up front.

I would imagine it was much more difficult back in the day.

:mug:

You should research Nano-Breweries. I listened to a podcast (available free on itunes) and the main thing that you cannot do is distribute and retail. You have to be wholesale. So you would need to look into not only Nanobrewing, but how you would get around disto and retail. Lots of licenses.

.. the main thing that you cannot do is distribute and retail. You have to be wholesale. So you would need to look into not only Nanobrewing, but how you would get around disto and retail. Lots of licenses.

Lots of licenses is right, but distribution laws very from state to state. A lot of states have licenses for "self distributing breweries". Also some states are a lot more linient for distribution if you are running a brew pub as opposed to a brewery, etc.. Really its check TTB laws, check your State laws, check your county licensing.. At least that is my understanding of it.

No clue what the local PR brewing laws are like..

Back