Just ordered my kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Braski

Reaction score
Hi duders,

After reading about home brewing for a while I finally decided to just go ahead and jump into this crazy nonsense and order a kit.

I got it from leeners cause that is one of the first sites I really studied when I was beginning to get interested.

http://www.leeners.com/brewery.html

It has two 6.5 gallon fermenting/bottling buckets, thermometer, airlock, auto-siphon and hose, filling wand, two cleaning brushes, 5 lb glass carboy, hydrometer, sterilizer, hand capper, a book, and a beer kit.

I chose the classic English Pale Ale. It's a brewers best kit.

I was wondering if any of you have tried the Cooper's carbonation drops? I still need to order the bottles and was wondering what else I should order while I was at it.

The kits description says it includes all grains. Will that include the steeping grains? Should I buy a bag in case it doesn't come with one?

Thanks guys,

Doug

The Brewer's Best classic EPA was my first batch, too.

You don't need carbonation drops, it comes with priming sugar.

It has grains to steep and also includes the appropriate grains bags to do so. Comes with some LME and some DME as well as hops, bottle caps and decent instructions.

Bill - Welcome Aboard - you're gonna love this stuff - read your instructions for a couple of days when your kit arrives, think about process, keep sanitary, watch your temps, all will be good. my only suggestion, just personal preference, is get 22 oz bottles if you are going to buy them, half the cleaning and who ever drinks just one anyway?

Maybe that brew place at Kitty Hawk (can't remember the name?) can suggest a bottle source - or give up some charity?

Enjoyed PBX tremendously in June, will come back next year. By then you will be more accomplished and perhaps we can trade some beers....

Skol!

Thanks guys.

Fata- how did it taste?

SBN- Are you speaking of The Weeping Radish or The Brewing Station? Just so you know the next time you come down the Weeping Radish is opening up a big new brewery across the bridge in currituck any day now.

http://www.weepingradish.com/farm.html

I'll be glad to swap some brews! Hopefully I'll have some.

Bill Braski said:
The kits description says it includes all grains. Will that include the steeping grains? Should I buy a bag in case it doesn't come with one?

Thanks guys,

Doug

You dont want the all grain kit, you want the extract kit call them back and change the kit type.

and what is a duder?

AHammer16 said:
You dont want the all grain kit, you want the extract kit call them back and change the kit type.

and what is a duder?

I got the extract kit. "All grains" was only part of the description, I just wanted to make sure that included steeping grains as well. Thanks for the heads up anyway broseph.

A duder is like a dude only......................dudier.

I grew up on the beach man I can't help it.

Bill Braski said:
I was wondering if any of you have tried the Cooper's carbonation drops?

Doug

I have seen these... to be truthfull they look like a pain in the A$$. Real easy to make a pimming solution and dumping it in the bucket as apposed to dropping these little drops in each and every bottle.

Back