My basement so far

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missing link

Reaction score
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21087456@N04/?saved=1

Some pics of my basement. Any idea how I can post pictures from Flickr to my actual post?

2049893491_2be4905b6f_m.jpg

2049893495_10f58bb054_m.jpg

Linc

post them like this...

in MOZILLA right click the large image on flicker and choose ("copy image location")
in IE right click image, select properties, mouse highlight the "Address" info and ctrl+c to copy it.

Then in your reply window here at HBT, click the insert image button, and then paste (ctrl+v) the address you had previously copied... click ok...

repeat as necessary...

2049893511_27e976dc6c.jpg

Freakin Awesome! Super! I'm jealous! You suck! :D

I miss the days of new and unfinished basement. / sniff

It still needs a lot of work, trim, ceiling, lighting and decorations etc.

The tongue and groove pine was a necessity that turned out well. I can't get a 4x8 sheet of anything into the basement. 9" wide planks of pine slide right through the window!!

The wine fridge was a gift to my wife for her birthday that I incorporated into the wall.

So far we're pretty happy with the results.

Linc

Color me green with envy!

Next step is to get some pics of 9 drunk folks in there. That's 1 in each chair, you, and the misses

Kernsie said:
I looking to do a bar similar in my basement. Were there plans for the bar or just DIY?

I put painters tape on the floor in the shape we envisioned and adjusted as needed to get things right, then I tiled around the shape and built my bar to fit the tile. Kind of backwards I suppose but the tile pattern looks real neat around the bar. I'll post a pic of that tomorrow.

The bar is just Oak plywood over a 2x3 frame. The bar top is 3/4 plywood, tile backer board and granite squares with no spaces.

I still have to finish behind the bar but it is useable. We're having 20 or so people over for T-day.

Linc

Is that "naughty" pine? (wink wink nudge nudge lol)

I saw that on a home listing once and LMAO.

That is a great looking basement, ripe for getting knotty!

At times it is "naughty" LOL...

I realize the pine may be a bit dated, but I am hoping by not putting any clear on the pine, it will take on a nice natural hue.

We rented a house in Tennessee and loved the pine in that house so we tried to make the basement look similar.

Sweet !!!

I still have an unfinished basement myself, but I don't see me getting a bar in there soon :( Wifey want's to redo the living room and the kitchen first.

Kai

Joe Dragon said:
I’m with these guys. I hate you and I’m NOT jealous…. OK, I’m jealous. That basement is a dream. We want full pan-around images with the flat panel TV and stuffed bear.

Are there any venting/heat problems with the wine cooler and fridge?

The wine cooler and fridge are actually built into the area under the stairs so there is quite a bit of vent space.

My steps do a 180 halfway down and when we first moved in we were storing empty boxes under the landing. I built my walls and installed the fridges without removing any of the boxes. A few weeks ago I crawled from the unfinished bathroom - under the stairs to the other side so that I was behind the fridge and added a string of outlets wired with 12 ga wire and a 20 amp circuit. On my way out, crawling under the steps, I saw a box I didn't recognize so I opened it and it had my tall plisner glasses that I brought back from Germany many years ago!!!

I'm looking forward to getting more done in the basment this winter.

Linc

As has been noted above, we're not really, jealous, we just don't really like people with awesome looking bars and bar areas. I'm sorry. ;)

That really is an amazing basement. I'd really like more pics of the details as well. As soon as you can get more pics, the less our non-jealousy will be. :D

Awesome! :rockin:

Ize

Ize said:
As has been noted above, we're not really, jealous, we just don't really like people with awesome looking bars and bar areas. I'm sorry. ;)

That really is an amazing basement. I'd really like more pics of the details as well. As soon as you can get more pics, the less our non-jealousy will be. :D

Awesome! :rockin:

Ize

I can take more pics, what details did you want to see? For the most part the detail work is yet to be completed. No ceiling, no trim work, back of bar, only 4 lights, bathroom undone, brewery not started, etc.

After the New Year I'll be doing some more work, mostly figuring out the ceiling. We want something different, no drop ceiling and no drywall with tons of can lights and possibly an electric roll down screen for the TV. The HD projectors are relatively affordable now and that would work nice down there.

I may be hosting a brew club meeting at my house in the near future. The bar IS functional if not complete!!

Linc

Back