my stir plate 1x2 station 1x3 station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opherman47

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
here is my stir plates finally up and running after the magnet fiasco here is my very first yeast starter for 2 batches of lager i will be brewing (hey beats the heck out of pitching 15 smak paks)

so what you have here are my stir plates and then the stir plates cooling in the tub, i have 2x5000ml and 3x2000ml

stir1.jpg

stir2.jpg

coolin it 1.jpg

I've built a number of stir plates for myself and some of my friends. One version was a double setup similar to what you have built. I abandoned the design in favor of individual units as the multi configuration proved to be too bulky and cumbersome.

I normally make up a two liter starter, decant and step it up with a second two liters of wort. Two 2 liter flasks and a one gallon jug have provided plenty of capacity for my needs. Why do you need so many starters active simultaneously? I can generate enough yeast in a couple of days for a 12 gallon ale batch and only a little longer than that for lagers.

welp that amp is a practice amp that students use when i give lessons... my gear is

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Deluxe (1980), Fender Strat (1983), Fender Strat Plus (rewired for more fun), Telecaster, Epiphone Dot (rewired as well), Huss & Dalton custom acoustic, Hirade H-5 Moll Custom archtop

Amps: Mesa Boogie Tremoverb Combo, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (ive had all kinds of other stuff AC30's etc

Pedals-Effects: Boss CS-3 Compression/Sustainer, Boss SD-1 Super Over Drive, Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner, Boss DD-5 with tap tempo, Digitech Whammy 4, Digitech GSP 2101 artist, Ebow, Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man, Electro Harmonix Big Muff, Jim Dunlop Original Cry Baby, Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler, Line 6 FM4 Filter Modeler, Line 6 MM4 Modulation Modeler, MXR M-133 Micro Amp , Voodoo Labs Pedal Power, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Uni-Vibe, Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde, Visual Sound Route 66, Full Tone Full Drive 2, Jim Dunlop Tremolo (the purple one), buncho earnie ball volumn pedals, Roger Linn Adrenalinn Pedal (purple one), Vox Clyde McCoy Way V848

Random Gear: Pedal boards and Amp Cases made by Showcase Nashville, Cables by Mogami, Cable Ends and stuff by SwitchCraft, Custom Pickups wound by DiMarzio and Gibson, Acoustic Pickups by L.R. Baggs

i brew about 3 to 4 times a year and do 3 to 5 10 gallon batches in one to two days... this time im doing a lager 2 of them a dopplebock and a pilsner.... need lots of yeast to get that going

Latest posts

Back