Looking for Imperial Pilsner Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BernieBrewer

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for a good partial mash Imperial Pilsner recipe, if anyone has one they'd like to share I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

DFH has one, "Golden Shower." Paid like $10 for a big bottle of it, then I start reading about it and hearing that it's uber-sweet, completely imbalanced. Haven't cracked it yet, myself, probably will give it a shot with some co-workers later in the week. Apparently, in the context of an imperial pilsner, "Continuous Hopping" means "Brewed Constantly In The Same Building As Where We Store The Hops."

Last time I buy a damn beer because the label makes me laugh...

sause said:
Search for imperial pilsner. There was a thread on it before. If I read it corretly it acualy is bitter but has very little hop flavor.

Yeah it is like a 3 page thread, IIRC. Good recipe in it too, I think.

Hate to prop another forum, but this recipe is awesome. I got to try this beer at the 2005 NHBC and it was truly amazing.

Read the whole thread for some good info, and I think a recipe update.

Imperial Pilsner

What will they think of next?

Wow that is a big pilzner, I'd consider brewing it, but due to lack of efficiency my mash tun isn't big enough to handle making 10 gallons.

Latest posts

Back