Wow, they've lost it now. [Beer in a Box]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Homercidal, this was written stupidly. But think about it. If BMC get into a price war by selling it by the box or whatever, is it correct to think that prices should drop, consumption should go up, and that should drive the price of the ingredients down. Short term ingredients to smaller breweries will spike but they will have to come back down. this makes me think of a good question for the debate forym. - Dwain

i'm sure there are many people on this site who are un-employed and would love this jack-off's job. i have read posts by unemployed homebrewers that had more educated pallets on the end of their penis than that imbecile who wrote the article.

man those replies are ripping into the author. I felt like I should join in too.

I liked this response:

What a moron. Tell me that a Belgian Trippel tastes the same as a light lager? If I was within earshot of anyone saying something like "Yeah, I drank a Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard, tastes pretty much the same as that PBR I had", I would walk right over, punch the guy in the face, then kick him while he is down. How in the hell does this dolt still have a job? Just further proof that the hardcore liberal mainstream media will make up "truths" "despite what microbrewers tell you" to suit their own means. What a lying sack of crap.

I would try boxed beer , and then would try to refill it. :rockin:

Agreed - who the hell is that?
This is all i can find?
pics_big-breasted-gun-holder.jpg

My favorite part..."Now, with beer, the box might be less objectionable since, in my opinion, the quality issue is not really in play. Despite what the microbrewers will tell you, all beer is pretty much the same. Consumers who pay a premium do so more for the experience than the taste."

I don't know if the reviewer is crazy. I do know he has ZERO credibility.

i had to reply. i didn't read all 65 pages of comments. i resisted adding this: "you may be an economic expert, but you have embarrassed yourself and shown your ignorance on beer."
the only time i will drink beer from a bottle is if i'm out in a hot sunny field and someone hands me an ice cold corona(preferably in a coozie)! (i've never drunk corona from a glass. there's probably a good reason why.)
this is what i did say:

" I'll consider the "all beers are the same" comment as ignorant and ridiculous and not worthy of comment.

The fact that you prefer to drink beer from the bottle labels you as a joe sixpack kind of guy that thinks a frosty Coors is the epitome of beer.

Most any homebrewer or beer drinker who appreciates craft beers, will NEVER drink out of the bottle. Mostly for the same reason that wine isn't chugged from the bottle. The flavor can not be appreciated unless it is served at the right temp, and poured properly into a glass(some really think the shape of the glass is critical, but i am a neanderthal cretin in that respect and will drink beer from any decent beer glass!)

Also many craft beers are bottle conditioned and chugging them will have you slurping yeast soup before long! "

the beer in a box seems like a good idea for parties. providing draft quality beer in a small package can be convenient for the occasional drinker who wants to have draft available but doesn't want a dedicated kegerator.
but how is it different from the overpriced mini kegs that are already on the market? and how are you supposed to keep it cold unless it is sitting in a fridge? i suppose you could modify a picnic cooler to hold one, or they could market one made specially. (i'm assuming that most beers sold in these are the type that should be served ice cold)

I couldn't continue reading after this statement:
Despite what the microbrewers will tell you, all beer is pretty much the same. Consumers who pay a premium do so more for the experience than the taste.
I would wager a bet shiny objects can easily distract this a-hole.

So, they had a WineO evaluate beer? Can we say Duh? I had a flaming WineO complement me on my home-made Pinot Noir. Got the whole WineO schtick evaluation. Except it was blackberry cider!

I'm excited about this news... this must also be true...

Despite what the restaurants will tell you, all beef is pretty much the same. Consumers who pay a premium do so more for the experience than the taste.

I need to stop going out to eat... McDonalds burger should be just as good as a dry aged NY strip.

This is going to save me a fortune!

Back