Quick Help Please!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter13

Reaction score
Did my first AG tonight....was so wrapped up in temps, times, and PH's that I forgot to take my yeast out of the fridge....How quickly can you use, or can I just prime with some warmer Wort????

It's been out for about an hour and I have an hour to go probably...

tks

SO two hours out of the fridge... keep it in a semi warm place... it should be fine, no worries!

The Pol said:
SO two hours out of the fridge... keep it in a semi warm place... it should be fine, no worries!

Now that was FAST!!!!!

Thanks Pol....It's been out for two hours and I thought just to be safe before pitching, I'll shake and dump into some of my fresh wort just to make em feel nice and toasty warm....

TKS!:mug:

No problem man... my wife was at a candle party, so my daughter and I were browsing HBT... have a good night

You can also put the tube in your pocket till you pitch. I've done this with great success.

sittingturbo said:
No worries your fine... What yeast are you using btw?

sorry guys....got busy over the weekend...I was pitching WL005 (British Ale)...

It finally started yesterday, but still a bit sluggish...My temp where I normally brew has fermenter around 66 deg which is actually really normal, and I have brewed around 9-10 batches there no problem....

Moved my fermentation bucket to another location in the house, and I am now closer to 70 deg....My guess is that this particular yeast (first time using it...btw) like it a bit warmer...

Funny considering that was my initial concern which started this post...lol

Tks to all for the input...:p

If you need to warm it up, put it in your pants next to the family jewles, I have done this with smack packs and whitelabs vials before. The heat wakes them up and gets stuff going.

Donasay said:
If you need to warm it up, put it in your pants next to the family jewles, I have done this with smack packs and whitelabs vials before. The heat wakes them up and gets stuff going.

man, those poor yeasties---if only they knew that they were mere millimeters away from your junk!

I sure hope you dip those packs/vials in starsan or iodophor before you open them up...:eek:

Donasay said:

HAHA I was just thinking the same thing.

Donasay said:

wow....it went there huh? I'm not sure how to even reply...:eek:

Scooter13 said:
wow....it went there huh? I'm not sure how to even reply...:eek:

It is St. Patricks day, it is going to be there all day and into the wee hours of the morning.

Evan! said:
man, those poor yeasties---if only they knew that they were mere millimeters away from your junk!

I sure hope you dip those packs/vials in starsan or iodophor before you open them up...:eek:

And starsan or idoaphor won't cut it, nothing can kill what I carry around in my pants. My essence is so strong and virulent that it mutates anything that comes near it and creates all kinds of new super bugs which carry my DNA.

Back