Electric smoker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am no purist so long as the heat and smoke are consistent and the end product is tasty.

I am saving my couch coins for a CookShack Digital.

I am not trying to be an a$$ here, what is your budget? You might start looking at the Masterbuilt electrics, and work your way up to the Smoke Vault series dollar wise. Neither smoker is perfect, but one might be better for your needs than another. Try Smokingmeatforums.com, there are opinions of almost every smoker made both electric and propane to give you an idea of what to look for, or not look for.

Ive had a masterbuilt for 2+ years, no complaints so far... and it gets used a lot

I built an electric smoker out of an old pressure tank. Tried a propane element and it got too hot, so I had better heat control with the electric element. Just my $.02

I have a Masterbuilt and love it. Does a great job, and it came with a remote, so super easy to see what is going on with my smoke while I do other stuff.

Didn't think I'd see another Smokin-It recommendation, I thought they were still relatively obscure!

I have a Model #1 and can't say enough good things about it.

I grew up in the Kansas City area and have been around good BBQ for a long time. I was a wood-burning snob for a long time. Maybe it's the brewer in me rubbing off... but 100% stainless and electric -- yes please!

Pushrods... I've owned mine for a couple years, and did a lot of research and decided that Smokin It offered the best value in a quality smoker. It will outlast me for sure. The food is ridiculous! All electric, all stainless ;)

Have used a master built and master forge..... same thing I believe. It will definitely turn out an awesome product while being simple to operate. However I find that for some reason the smoke ring doesn't go as deep and there isn't as much bark that traditional wood smoking produces. I believe it is due to the amount of moisture that the electric smokers hold in chamber that does this.... either way though it still produces great food.

I use my electric smoker a lot, made two delicious pork butts on Saturday using it because I didn't have time to run around checking vents on my charcoal smoker. It's a Masterbuilt 30", works like a charm.

I have a Masterbuilt electric smoker and I like it. The only complaint is the digital thermometer is way off.

Back