Need to motorize my mill....and I have this bread machine I never use....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bctdi

Reaction score
So I burned up my 3/8 drill on my last brew day running my barley crusher mill. I thought about getting the harbor freight special 1/2 drive corded drill, but I have this bread machine that I never use...then I got to thinking (stand back) those bread machines have to be pretty tourqey and they don't spin at too high of an rpm. What if I used the motor from that? Has anyone used a bread machine motor for a mill? Do you think it will work out? I would like to try to find out before I tear up a perfectly good bread maker.:D

If you go to the manufactures website, they probably have replacement part lists etc that you could get the specs from. I'd be surprised if the motor generates that much torque just based on the price of breadmakers, but who knows?

If you go to the manufactures website, they probably have replacement part lists etc that you could get the specs from. I'd be surprised if the motor generates that much torque just based on the price of breadmakers, but who knows?

yep, I tried that and they did show the motor, but no specs were listed.

looks like the harbor freight special 1/2 drive corded drill will be the choice for me. Thanks for the input gentlemen:mug:

Back