New Sabco 7.75g Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajm163

Reaction score
I really like the idea of doing some partial Pressure fermenting.... and in looking around it seemed like I had 2 options (for somewhat reasonable cost) ether a Brewhemoth or sabco's 1/2bbl fermenter.... the problem is I want to do 10-15g split batches so I don't need nearly anything that big. I was leaning in the keg direction so I contacted sabco to see if it was possible to get a 1/4bbl fermenter instead of the 1/2.... A day or two later i get a response that they are just finishing up a small run of exactly what i wanted a (7.75g keg fermenter) to test the market.... Its not cheep but seems reasonable and I am going to pick up 2. Before anyone says it i know someone could weld this up cheaper but I'm not a great welder and would not trust my welds with anything that would be under 15psi. I just wanted to let others know in case they are in a similar situation to me.

http://www.brewmagic.com/products/select-sankey-7-75-gal
http://www.brewmagic.com/products/7-75-gal-fermenter

I also like that i can steam sanitize it by putting it on direct heat and boiling a bit of water in it

Wonder if we can have them customized with how the cap is configured. Such as not putting anything else into the 4" cap. Then i could use it. Although I prefer to use the tall 1/4 bbl kegs for fermenting for my beers.

I'm looking at picking up a couple of brand new tall 1/4 bbl kegs soon. I might install a TC ferrule and cap with the fittings i want in it. Should still end up being cheaper even with getting a machine shop to do that.

I am doing something similar i have contacted them and am getting 2 without their 4" cap. I will be building my own cap with the ports i want on it... I agree i like the slim 1/4bbl but those are pretty hard to find at least for me. I did get a quote for $109 for some brand new ones but then i would have to find someone to do all the modifications for me

I will be getting 2 of the "select Sanke" it is their "conditioning and serving" tank without the 4" triclamp valve piece. it is cheaper (especially without the valve) and i will be making my own 4" plate on the top anyways... i was concerned that loosing the clamp on the racking arm to turn it under pressure would be a messy issue so i opted to go without it

Wonder if we can have them customized with how the cap is configured. Such as not putting anything else into the 4" cap. Then i could use it. Although I prefer to use the tall 1/4 bbl kegs for fermenting for my beers.

I'm looking at picking up a couple of brand new tall 1/4 bbl kegs soon. I might install a TC ferrule and cap with the fittings i want in it. Should still end up being cheaper even with getting a machine shop to do that.

I know they will customize their kettles I had them move ports around on their pro style MT. They only charged me $35 custom charge.

Aaron,
Great blog on the fermentor! Do you have any other pictures of the fermentor? A close up of the top showing what you had customized compared to stock from Sabco would be cool.

Thanks

I will look. If not I will take some tonight. Glad you liked the review

Also feel free to poke around my blog. I have some other stuff on there that might be interesting and comment or follow it of you want

thanks. If any one is interested in picking one up let me know and I can provide a contact at sabco. Dan at sabco was good to work with

just for anyone thinking of picking one up I just got this from Dan at sabco. Short version if you want one you might want to get it soon as they are running out

Awesome, Aaron !
Thanks for sharing and for your kind words about us. Looks like you're putting it to good use !
We're down to about 200 of these and probably won't see any more for a long while. If you'd like to get a few more for future use, just say the word.
Cheers to you,

Dan @ Sabco

Bought one of these last month and just finished fermenting with it and kegging. Worked very well. I used CO2 to transfer to my corny keg and kept everything closed. This was my first time racking this way and all went pretty well. Cleanup of this fermenter was very easy and I'm ready for the next batch.

Back