Golden Valley Brewery & Pub -Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
GVB (McMinneville) is in the heart of the Willamette Valley in Oregon. Mark turns out consistantly fine, true-to-style ales and lagers. His seasonals range from a French Blanc to Black Panther stout, a barrel aged imperial that will rip your head off and make you smile in the process. Last year, he experimented with an IPA Brut. This started as a well hopped Imperial IPA which he aged in used Pinot barrels. He then loaded it with sucrose and put it in champaign bottles. By the holidays, it was at 13% and just plain amazing. He's doing it again this year.

The "Pub" head cook, Greg, specializes in seafood. The chowder is easily the best I've had since I lived on the East Coast. The owners also own a ranch where they raise Angus beef for the Pub. having been raised in the American Mid-West, I had just about given up on good beef while living in California.

The next time I'm in Salem visiting family, I'll have to make the trip over there. Looks like a great place.

Back