Sam Adams Chocolate Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boo boo

Reaction score
I have a bottle of SA Chocolate Bock which I'll be opening tomorrow night.
I have to say it better be worth it. I paid $14 for it at my liquor store and it is the most I have ever paid for an imported beer.

In any case it will be drank. It's just that I hope I appreciate it.:mug:

You got a good deal there.
I paid ~$16 per bottle this year.
I did see it at a different store, after I had made my other purchase, for ~$14,
It is good, with a good bit of chocolate flavor.
I have 1 bottle left that I'm going to "age" for a while. :)

I heard a rumor (which I really believe is true) that the class six (army liquor store) at Fort Bragg, NC has them for 6.99 a bottle! So, if you can go on base and are close to Bragg, swing by!

Pooped mine open on the 23rd. Not bad. A little sweeter than I thought it would be. Enjoyable though. Enjoy!

Dang. Drinking a bastard right now and a nice pint of gentleman jack. Just figured out I said pooped open instead or popped open. Opps

For a Canadian like boo boo, any US beer is imported. Unless you believe Canada is the 51st state.

I bought a bottle a few weeks back. $16 plus tax. Was it worth it? Absolutely not. I mean it was pretty good, don't get me wrong, but it's a B to B+ beer at best. The Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout is way better...AND I can get two 22ozs for the price of one SA 25oz.

I really liked it. Judging by the posts on this website, I seem to have a strange mentality about beer price in that I don't care. I don't think the price of the beer should be a factor in your opinion of the quality of the beer.

I really liked it. Judging by the posts on this website, I seem to have a strange mentality about beer price in that I don't care. I don't think the price of the beer should be a factor in your opinion of the quality of the beer.

I'd still only give it a B rating, but the price compounds the issue. It's like selling a Volkswagen at Porsche prices.

I swung over to Beer Advocate, and it seems the guys there are giving it the same write-up.

Really not worth it, IMHO. It reminded me a lot of the SA Cream Stout, with perhaps a hint of chocolate. So a good brew by any standard, but selling for more than double what it should be going for.

I thought it was a good beer. Worth trying at least- they're selling them for $18 at my local pub and I split a couple bottles with friends at their Xmas party. I think the bling-ish looking bottle helped me meet a couple cuties who were sitting near me.

For a Canadian like boo boo, any US beer is imported. Unless you believe Canada is the 51st state.

Ha, not that far off the truth. We are more like the US than any other people.
I probably know more US politicians by name than Canadian politicians.

As for imported beer. All beer other than locally produced beer is imported and as rare as hens teeth to get here sometimes. It was only recently and I might add, with a nudge from me, that the local liquor agency finally added Pilsner Urquell to the shelves. Now if they would only listen to me and get McAulsens Oatmeal Stout and Mill St. Coffee Porter.

Latest posts

Back