1/2 batch all grain brewing (Mr. Beer?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSBrewer

Reaction score
Guys,

There used to be a posting on here a couple of years ago (wait, what year is it? Maybe 3 years ago) about how to do an all grain 1/2 batch of beer. It utilized a picnic-type of insulated lemonade dispenser type of thing, and I thought it also used the little Mr. Beer fermenter. I thought it was a sticky and it had like hundreds or maybe even 1000+ replies on it.

Where has this posting gone? I recently ordered an AG kit and want to try it out. I have all the parts that that posting called for.

Thanks,

FSbrewer

Check out the Mr. Beer sticky in the Beginner's section. If I remember correctly Revvy has done a bunch of Mr. Beer batches and it wouldn't surprise me if he was the one posting it if that helps your search at all.

The other option is to check out Deathbrewer's partial mash and all-grain stove-top pictorials. I do partial mashes with BIAB and a 5-gal paint strainer bag in a 3-gal pot on the stove, so don't see why that wouldn't work for an all-grain 1/2 batch. (Actually my Berliner Weisse in the plans should be almost all-grain for a 5-gal batch.)

Back