What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zacster said:
Is that a special bottling? I made a dry-hopped saison last summer and it tasted exactly like the real thing. That'll be my next brew too.

For $9 a bottle, I don't think it is, at least this year anyway. Previous years it was pretty limited (according to the reviews), my local bottle shop got 4 cases in today. I just started drinking saisons, so I haven't been paying attention to them though.

For $9 a bottle, I don't think it is, at least this year anyway. Previous years it was pretty limited (according to the reviews), my local bottle shop got 4 cases in today. I just started drinking saisons, so I haven't been paying attention to them though.

$9? Either that's a mistake, or the price on that has dropped. The dry hopped has been a good bit more than the regular in past years.

$9? Either that's a mistake, or the price on that has dropped. The dry hopped has been a good bit more than the regular in past years.

I dry hopped my saison on a whim. I had two huge bags of hops from a benefit called "Hopfest" appropriately enough. it was a benefit for an urban farming organization in Brooklyn. My house has the 2nd largest farm, except that when I decided to grow hops nothing came up.

The hops I have are an experimental variety, unnamed, and are unavailable anywhere. They have a coconut aroma and are really different. I'll use them again this summer as I was sniffing them and they were still pretty strong.

Second Prairie beer. Both very good!

image-3092302228.jpg

TNGabe said:

Cases just came off the truck, the manager opened one and handed it to me. As always, the SKU was already in the computer, that's what it rang up for. I'm pretty sure that if my local liquor (small burb outside of orlando) got 4 cases, it's a normal beer this year.
I also picked this up for $8.49...

image-1697766716.jpg

Should I put this away for awhile? The reviews I read on it said it was a little "hot".

Should I put this away for awhile? The reviews I read on it said it was a little "hot".

I would. I don't like any detectable alcohol heat in a beer. Most will smooth out after 6 months or so.

My last Rogue XS Dead Guy. I had a coworker complain to me about poncy beer last night. He seemed to take umbrage with the idea that one beer can cost more than a six pack of BMC. Mind you, we were pretty sloshed, and finishing up the ninth hole (we were playing an executive course). I couldn't convince him that the ceramic bottle was worth the expense, because the bottle will be reused many, many times.

TNGabe said:
I would. I don't like any detectable alcohol heat in a beer. Most will smooth out after 6 months or so.

In the closet it goes! Looks like I have some pretty decent beers to ring in the new year! Deschutes Abyss, Brandy Barrel Hunahpu and the Weyerbacher. My "cellar" is pretty small.

image-3913915973.jpg

Tiny cellar.

SWMBO came home with a few good brews, must be intending to get me druk and take advantage of me. MO and Zoe from the good folks at Maine Beer Co, Muffin Top and Hoppy Feet 1.5 from Clown Shoes. Starting with some MO right now...

allenH said:

Haven't had that one, but I had a bottle of their Insanity recently. It was good, but I'm hoping the other 3 bottles benefit from some aging.

Had to crack one of my Cottage House Saisons too. The pepper is going well with some stir fried veggies.

After a nice dinner if grilled salmon, portabello caps, sweet peppers and onions with spring mix of greens, my wife makes this coconut flour/sugar apple upsidedown cake. I paired it with my milk chocolate stout and I'm in heaven!! I'm about to kill half this cake and about three more if these MCS!

Newbeerguy said:
Just cracked a DFH Burton Baton.....pretty good!

People can poo-poo DFH all they want, but I like em and most beers they make. Burton Baton is especially tasty to me!

bobeck said:
a RuinTen...gotta love a beer with the slogan "a stage dive into a mosh pit of hops"

Just had the same on tap. Delicious! First few sips reminded me of something from my youth, but then the memory was gone. Like the aftertaste of a fruity candy or something? Don't know, but I loved it.

LoloMT7 said:
Odell IPA tgif .. not sure what I think about this sili pint

We had the sili pint at a brew fest last month. The smell made all the beers taste off. We kept them though....should be good for camping.

Qhrumphf said:
I'll poo-poo a lot of their beers. But I do quite enjoy that one.

More Robust Porter. Only one bottle left, unless I've got some hiding I'm unaware of.

I hate seeing the last bottle of a bangin HB. I've been known to have purposefully hidden a few bottles of a batch to have that nice surprise of "finding a $5 in your pocket"!

I hate seeing the last bottle of a bangin HB. I've been known to have purposefully hidden a few bottles of a batch to have that nice surprise of "finding a $5 in your pocket"!

This one's not particularly bangin. Not terrible either. Drinkable, tasty, but needs some work. Just a batch where I'll make some alterations to the recipe before I brew it again.

But I know what you mean. I've had my share of batches that were so awesome I was really upset to see em go.

Last of my Ankle-biter IPA. Cleaning out some of my older HB's from the fridge tonight.

This one's been in the fridge for a couple weeks at least. Great carbonation, beautiful lacing, still great hop flavor. Will miss this beer.

tyzippers said:

Haha, I do that too. I have a box where I set aside some of the good stuff from time to time and only check up on it at certain times of the year, in the hopes that I'll have forgotten most of what is in there until I look.

Drinking some Appleton Estate Rum right now.

Back