First time kegging, I need help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max-the-knife

Reaction score
I dis-assembled my corney keg to clean and sanitize prior to racking my porter. When I put it back together, I hooked up the hoses and pressurized the keg and aggitated the PBW solution. I mistakenly reversed the keg's gas tube and the liquid out tubes. Also, I didn't pay attention to where the 12-pt quick connect went. I put the liquid out line on the post and now I can't get it off. Any suggestions?

pay very close attention next time. i just finished kegging my second batch and i still won't put any disconnects on until i'm certain its the right one.

Thanks, brute force was the answer. I did get my liquid disconnect off and put the right post on the right tube. Hope I'm a fast learner because that wasn't fun at all!

What did you use to take the posts off?

I tried to use a C wrench, but I didn't have enough room to turn it. Is there a particular socket that works good?

Use a box end wrench. 22 mm fits it exactly but 7/8" works too. Also, a deep socket will work if you can find one.

Back