Back in the saddle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmbrewernw

Reaction score
Well with moving and all I haven't brewed in a couple of months. You might wonder what I was waiting for, the biggest problem is where I live, right now it's 105, not too good for fermenting. Last week I put together a fermentation cabinet using a air conditioner and a two stage temp controler. I did a test yesterday and it gets fairly cold in the cabinet and holds temp well. Before winter I'll install a heating system but for now I should be good. Now it's time to make a blonde ale and Amer Hef and get my supply going.

Nice! I just moved too but don't have the 105 degree heat...thats gotta suck. I too am lookin to up my supply before school starts and I run out of time. My goal is 3 brew days before aug 25th:)

Worst part about the heat is we're not used to it here in the Wilamette Valley - anything outside of the 30-90 temperature window and most of us are pretty unprepared for the temperature. My wifes Texan friends are thanking her for sending our weather their way - too bad they sent us theirs...

Set up a fermentation fridge myself last week - now I can brew without fear of funky esters.

Yeah I miss the valley though, most of the time you guys have great weather if you don't like extremes. I've had a lot of people say I'll like all of the sunshine up here, but I already miss the rain and it's still summer.

Just when I finally thought I was all set with my equipment now that I have a MLT, kitchen scale, wort chiller and a kettle for full boils, you have to go and remind me that I don't have a fermentation temp control system. Jerk :p

In any case, welcome back :mug:

Back