Apfelwein Carbonation.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hossua

Reaction score
Ok, I am on my second full batch of apfelwein and was wondering about carbing some.... I bottled my last batch about a month ago in normal 750 ml wine bottles. Pitched montrachet both times, love the stuff uncarbed, but was curious about what it would be like with some carbonation.

I was thinking about priming with apple juice concentrate or honey, not really sure if it is worth it though... Thoughts?

A lot of people prefer it highly carbed. I carbed half the batch and people preferred it, and called it apple champagne.

If you look at the similar threads box below, you will see several discussions on the topic, it is one of the most discussed discussions on here.

My last batch I carbed with corn sugar and it turned out great. One batch before that I used some champagne yeast and WOW it really got bubbly. That time I used just table sugar, which still turned out fantastic.

A lot of people prefer it highly carbed. I carbed half the batch and people preferred it, and called it apple champagne.

If you look at the similar threads box below, you will see several discussions on the topic, it is one of the most discussed discussions on here.

Thanks, I will probably do a split batch. Sorry, I somehow failed to see the other threads on the topic. Oh well.

Latest posts

Back