Bayou Classic BG10 and BG12 Orifice THREAD Size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchoven

Reaction score
I'm building a stand and am considering the Bayou Classic BG10 and BG12 burners (great prices on Amazon).

Anyone know what the thread size is where the orifice attaches to the burner?

I've searched and am seeing some conflicting results -- some sites say 1/8" NPT, others say 1/4" NPT.

I currently have three orifices that are 1/8" NPT by 3/8" Flare ... hoping these will fit the Bayou Classics.

Thanks.

Yeah the Bayou burners are an awesome deal atm. Free shipping and no tax, picked up the suped up version for just under fifty bucks.

Yeah the Bayou burners are an awesome deal atm. Free shipping and no tax, picked up the suped up version for just under fifty bucks.

Which bayou burner(s) are you using? Any preference? I'm thinking BG12 for the MLT and Boil Kettle and BG10 for the HLT.

If you do not plan automation or transition to NG in the future then the BG10 for the HLT and BG12 for MLT and BK would work well. If automation is in the future and low pressure controls used, then the HLT and BK burners should be upsized to the BG14's as the output is reduced at lower gas pressures. If you are looking at solenoid control for the burners then avoid the overpriced ASCO's and source other more reasonably priced alternatives for the fuel system. A safer standing pilot low pressure furnace valve approach runs around $85 per burner with valve, pilot, and thermocouple.

Back