Hi from Iowa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty3777

Reaction score
Spend most of my time smoking on my BBQ pit and tying flys. Gonna buy a home kit tomorrow and force myself deeper into the slow food revolution. Thanks for having me:fro:

I see from your other posts that you are just starting out. If you haven't already take a look at the free online edition of How To Brew. I also highly recommend you take a look at any of the first few posts on this page that start with Sticky:

These resources will answer a vast majority of first time questions you might have.

Greetings and welcome to HBT. Will you be at the Iowa Beer Fest in Amana Labor Day Sunday?

No, I'll be cooking at a BBQ comp in Dubuque. I know the owner and brewmeister of Millstream. His Dad teaches at the seminary I attended and is quite a brewer himself. I hate to miss it but priorities....

:fro: (I love this little fro thing!!!!)

Are you around Sioux City by any chance? There is a brew club that meets in Sioux City at El Fredo's Pizza on the second Monday of every month. September's theme is fruit beers, each person usually brings two bottles of a theme beer for everyone to taste (new members are very welcome, and don't worry about bringing anything, just stop by!). I just went to my first meeting this month, it was a great time!

Are you around Sioux City by any chance? There is a brew club that meets in Sioux City at El Fredo's Pizza on the second Monday of every month. September's theme is fruit beers, each person usually brings two bottles of a theme beer for everyone to taste (new members are very welcome, and don't worry about bringing anything, just stop by!). I just went to my first meeting this month, it was a great time!

Thanks for the head's up! I live on the other side of the state - in the Quad City area.

What part of Iowa??? I'm from the SW corner... giving up the bottled stuff and will fill my first keg tonight.

Back