Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob Talks Funny DIPAWIDE.png
Bosley's Irish Red WIDE.png
Ensign Picard Cream Ale WIDE.png

That's a bad ass label. Well done. I need to work on mine. It looks a bit plain compared to yours.

Thanks. Had extra time to work on it since my Cats bowed out early from March Madness. Noticed 2 things though...1 typo, and I labeled it as a 12oz bottle, but I am planning on bottling it in 22oz bottles. :D

If your anything like me you like seeing new labels that are made by you fellow home brewers. I hope others will post their labels here so it is easier to see the final labels in one spot.

Here are my first three:

Midnight%20Ale%20short%20copy.jpg

Winter%20Storm%20IPA%20copy.jpg

Winter Storm IPA Discussion

Evil%20Pumpkin%20Pie%20Ale%20copy.jpg

Pumpkin Pie Ale Discussion

So let's see those labels :mug:

EDIT: I an effort to try and keep this thread for pictures i've added links to the"idea" threads about my labels. I love feedback (both positive and negative) but I'm hoping to make it so you can scroll through and mostly see pictures :)

I'm a newbie -- doing my first batch today -- only a 1 gallon as I don't want to blow the first one and loose all that golden deliciousness -- lol -- Your labels are so very impressive -- I can only hope that one day I can do that.

I'm a newbie -- doing my first batch today -- only a 1 gallon as I don't want to blow the first one and loose all that golden deliciousness -- lol -- Your labels are so very impressive -- I can only hope that one day I can do that.
Let me welcome you to the forum, Catherine. Labels are fun to design, for people that like that, but it is what's inside the bottle that really counts! :mug:

Here is another label I created for what started out as a Red Rye IPA. This is my 2nd time to brew it so I changed the hops and yeast on this batch. It has turned out great but with a fresh citrus/fruit hop taste and smell with a nice finish. I couldn't call it RyePA or Red IPA those names didn't fit the flavor profile.
NectarIPA art.png

Looking for feedback on this wrap around label.

This will be distributed at a conference that I've been going to for the last nine years now. I usually just grab a bunch of beer from the local brewery, but this time I decided to make my own and use this as a marketing opportunity.

Let me know what you think and what you would change.

Goniometer Guava Gose label.jpg

You guys put out some nice looking work. I just started making labels in Nov 2017 with adobe CS2 from 2001 maybe. Yes my computer is that old. My favorite is my avatar but here are my few others.

Attachments

• Basic ***** copy.jpg
    Basic ***** copy.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 176
  • mead.jpg
    mead.jpg
    912.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Queen Kendra copy.jpg
    Queen Kendra copy.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 179
Not sure if i had posted mine recently, I had posted them on another forum and thought I'd share them here too. I also print my own on regular paper. I use a edited .pdf file from Brooklyn BrewShop and also Beer Labelizer. I print them, then cut them out, and attach to the glass bottles with milk, when I still used the plastic 1 Liter bottles I used a glue stick. The labels come off easily in hot water when you rinse them after drinking the contents. Here's a couple of my recent labels.
label.png
Beer Label Screenshot.jpg

Wow guys, these look great!
I wish I had so much will to design those labels, stick them to every bottle and them remove them when bottling next batch... :(
I'm too lazy to do that, so I just use different color caps and 19mm round labels on them – not much info, but you can identify them easily, and the biggest benefit for me – just toss it away along with the cap – no need to remove labels from bottles :)

Here are some of my cap labels. (sorry, I'm form Europe, so these are in my language)

bottle-caps.png

Those kinda neat. it's amazing that you can fit all the info on them and it still is readable. Do you have a label or template file that you use? Which round labels are these, Avery ??
Thanks.

Those kinda neat. it's amazing that you can fit all the info on them and it still is readable. Do you have a label or template file that you use? Which round labels are these, Avery ??
Thanks.
Not much info, but the basic info fits on it. The name, style and ABV is fairly easy visible, but you have to "stretch" your eyes a little if you want to read the bottling date o_O, but it's readable :yes:.
It's some no-name brand from China, I ordered from eBay. They're A4 sheets with 117 x 19mm round labels. I don't have a link because I bought long time ago, but you can find them pretty easily, just search for "19mm adhesive labels".
Yeah, I have a template that I made myself in Photoshop, I edit and print these from Photoshop.

Last edited:
I wish I had so much will to design those labels, stick them to every bottle and them remove them when bottling next batch... :(
I'm too lazy to do that, so I just use different color caps and 19mm round labels on them – not much info, but you can identify them easily, and the biggest benefit for me – just toss it away along with the cap – no need to remove labels from bottles :)

Here are some of my cap labels. (sorry, I'm form Europe, so these are in my language)

View attachment 565824

I find doing the labels to be part of the fun and charm of homebrewing. I get your point, my way around it is I only do labels for brews that are specifically mine (not from a kit), and that I will repeat. For example, I will always do an Irish Ale, I will always do a wit, and I will always do a cider. So I have labels for all of these. I wash the bottles carefully and reuse the labels for the same type of beer the next time around, even if I change the recipe a little. I don't produce a lot, so I never have two of the same type of brew on hand... avoids confusion.

I do really like your cap labels... I'll have to look into that!

If your anything like me you like seeing new labels that are made by you fellow home brewers. I hope others will post their labels here so it is easier to see the final labels in one spot.

Here are my first three:

Midnight%20Ale%20short%20copy.jpg

Winter%20Storm%20IPA%20copy.jpg

Winter Storm IPA Discussion

Evil%20Pumpkin%20Pie%20Ale%20copy.jpg

Pumpkin Pie Ale Discussion

So let's see those labels :mug:

EDIT: I an effort to try and keep this thread for pictures i've added links to the"idea" threads about my labels. I love feedback (both positive and negative) but I'm hoping to make it so you can scroll through and mostly see pictures :)
Just getting started brewing, so starting simple!
20180412_122555.jpg

Just getting started brewing, so starting simple!

Sorry the picture didn't post! I am a newbie on this site so still trying to get with the program!

Last edited:

View attachment 565824

Just wanted to say these are gorgeous.

Something simple I threw together back when I started and made less than 10 gallons of cider a year:

Attachments

• promissory7 copy.jpg
    promissory7 copy.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 111
Back