Just tried my first lambic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, but does anyone like TILT as much as I do??!! It has to be THEE best raspberry soda I've ever had. . . . . . . After a couple of them anyway. . . . . If you can make it through two . . . . . . it's actually not that good . . . . . . in fact it tastes like raspberry ass . . . . . . . It's the worst thing in the world . . . . . . I just threw up in my mouth a little. . . . . .

FWIW. Faro is a traditional Lambic that is back sweetened with candi sugar before bottling. I like big puckering sours and wilds but the sweetness to a faro is very nice aswell.

If you like the Lindemann's, try to find some clones of New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red or their Raspberry Tart. They only distribute in WI but they have a soft tartness from the fruit more that from wild bacteria and other critters.
Faro is actually traditionally sweetened in the glass. You can't backsweeten an unpasteurized lambic.

He's not the only one who feels this way, Jean van Roy of Cantillon has been quoted as saying that it isnt lambic, he goes on to say that a lambic CANNOT be sweet it must be dry and acidic

and who says he gets to make that determination?

Back