simple quesion about "Easy Clean"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiak3000

Reaction score
is "Easy Clean" a cleaner and sanitizer? a found a bottle with some equipment i purchased. it says its a no rinse cleanser. curious if anybody has experience with it and if it works as both cleaner and sanitizer....

I would think judging from the name it is a cleaner. One-step does both (but I still don't trust it for sanitizing) I would use a sanitizer too just to be safe.

My LHBS said it's a cleaner/sanitizer similar to One Step, however I still use StarSan when I use it.

given its name, I'd call it a cleaner. Also, remember that cleaning and sanitizing must be performed in 2 separate steps. Even if you are using a product like One Step.

I've used Easy Clean for 30+ batches. I've had one gusher due to an improperly cleaned bottle, and one batch went south for unknown reasons (it was sour and never carbed, so I think I had a problem with my yeast). YMMV. I'm in the process of switching to using Star San, but Easy Clean has worked great for me.

Back