Brewstand Design - Please critique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atl300zx

Reaction score
How does this brewstand design look?

My MLT is a cooler since the picture is rather poor. I fly sparge as well. The pressure cooker is for steam injection.

My one concern is melting the hot plate, anyone else think this will happen and if so how i could resolve it?

standdesign.JPG

Bobby_M said:
You won't be able to pump out of the MLT unless it is held up higher than the pump. You might want to get the MLT up on the stand somewhere.

That is why i posted this here, i didnt realize the pump had to be below. Time for a redesign or a compromise.

If i move the MLT onto the stand, i would need 2 pumps to fly sparge or use the one i have and batch sparge.

Perhaps i can raise the MLT up a bit on a stand and put the pump below that.

Yeah, you could maintain the two tier design but you'd just have to get the other two vessels up a little higher. Mounting the pump inside a toolbox would let you just lay it on the floor when you're using it. Mounting it to the stand is requiring everything to move up higher ya know.

stand2.JPG

Do i need to enclose the pump? i was just going to build a 3-sided splash shield to cover it (open on the bottom).

Storage space is an issue. I hope the smaller stand will fit under the main stand for storage purposes. I want to be able to store the stand and the kegs outside with a cover over them.

Latest posts

Back