My Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hank1105

Reaction score
Hey everyone, yes this is another keezer build, but I am real happy with the results as I am not all that good with wood working. Would like to thank everyone on this forum for the help. I am kegging my first beer this weekend.

A few helpful notes for those looking to build a keezer:
  • Use straight wood, warped wood is horrible, wasted 2 hours trying to figure out what was going on.
  • Make sure any staining, varnishing and painting in general is done outside. I did this in my garage with the windows open, big mistake.

Would love to hear feedback, postive and negative. The keezer will run 3 kegs eventually, stout will go in the middle. I just used a wood plug for the time being. The fan is sitting on a dryer vent, which actually worked out quite well, granted it takes up a good amount of room. Every screw hole was counter sunk, you can see the wood plugs but not all that bad. Added some bling with lights I found in Lowes.

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

Looks good. The appearance modifications definitely help it fit into a living room better than a plain white freezer would.

What is your plan for dealing with condensation? That was the thing I disliked the most about my previous keezer setup.

Thanks, I forget what I put in the keezer, but it absorbs condensation, then you plug it in once it absorbs too much. Received good reviews so we shall see.

Back