First day of my first beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pontiac_Guy

Reaction score
Well, I just finished up cleaning after making my first batch. I made up the Caribou Slobber extract kit from NB. It was pretty simple (I like simple) and now I know I have the bug! Can't wait to try it out in a few weeks.

Welcome to the club!!! You will really be hooked once you taste the fruits of your labor. Cheers!

My first 5 gal batch too. The only thing I did different was add a lb of light brown sugar at flame out. Give the beer the proper aging time and you won't be disappointed. I keep coming back to this brew...it's definitely one of my favs. You're gonna like it!

It's awesome! There's so much activity going on with it. It actually blew the bung off last night, luckily i heard it and put a blowoff tube in right away. I have it fermenting in about 68-69 degrees. Can't wait.

Yes this is a very good beer kit. I have made it a lot of times.

Roger

Hey guys, just made this group and was wondering if any was interested in joining. Ive been brewing for a little over a year now and have made some great brews, talked to some great people, and would like to share some knowledge. If you would like to share ideas, recipes, tips, and anything beer related, join the group and hopefully we could get some members rolling. Just go to the groups tab and scroll down to St Louis Homebrewers Association.

Back