All South Jersey/Philadelphia area brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoodward15

Reaction score
National Homebrew Day is quickly approaching. Our club has thoughts of renting an area to brew this year since BeerCrafters has closed. Our thought was that to make it worthwhile, we'd like to get more brewers involved. The sight will be in Turnersville less than 2 miles from the original sight. There will be plenty of parking. If any local brewers are interested, please let me know here so that we can decide wether or not to rent the place. If you've responded on another forum, then there's no need to respond here.

Just wanted to add that all you have to do is come and brew/drink/enjoy. There's usually loaner equipment around if you don't want to bring anything. Nobody has to pay for the rental, our club will pick up the tab for that. Our events are usually pretty big. Last year with the rain we had over 400 spectators,the year before that we were over 700. We normally rent a large tent or two to put up as well, for the brewers to brew under.

If we do it, it'll be in Turnersville. We are planning on having it at the Whitman Square Mens Club on Whitman drive as long as we get enough people to justify the rental, and it's looking good so far.

yeah like I said in my PM on the other board. I think we will have three or four coming down. My son and a buddy just starting out are asking off from work for that day.

I'll have to look up the Big Brew recipe for this year

Awesome. We have never done the big brew recipe, but if it's good then we might do it. If we can get people there early enough then we can try to cycle the big kettle twice to do 2 25 gallon batches. I'll have equipment to do 10 gallon batches and possibly loaner equipmentfor the same. I'll have to run a check up there to rent the place. Now I have to figure out what we'll do about food.

Hey Todd,

This is going to be held on the First Saturday in May isn't it?

It doesn't have to be an official site, but we can still brew one/some of the recipe(s listed.
They have three listed
all grain and extract versions for each

http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/BigBrew2010

I know one of ours will be the Rocktoberfest in Honor of Gregg Noonan!

Maybe we will bring a set or two of washers if there is enough room? I would say horse shoes but that can be dangerous and damages the ground wthout pits.

Do a BYO on the food Maybe supply a bbq grill or we can bring one down for the carnivorans.

Jeff we might be able to find a Hibachi grill for those veggie burger Boyz

How do you handle chilling at an outdoor event like this? Ice or recirculating chillers?

LOL,actually, we have a good water supply. basically the rule is that if you brew you have to bring a hose and a tee. We usually have a BBQ guy come, but I don't know if he'll be there this year. I can line up a pizza guy and maybe someone else, but we're less than an eighth mile to a bunch of fast food joints as well. There'll be no shortage of beer or food at this event. If you want to bring washers, bring them. There's plenty of room at this place! It's going to be a great day as usual!!! We'vealso got electricity for tunes as well!

Just a bump for anyone that didn't see this.

OldBrew, there might be a horseshoe pit there. I'll check. It's nice for me. Only about a half mile away!!!!

Just a bump for anyone that didn't see this.

OldBrew, there might be a horseshoe pit there. I'll check. It's nice for me. Only about a half mile away!!!!

Yeah you wont need a designated driver with you You could just walk home after drinking three whole beers.:p

The way new jersey is, .08 and you are considered under the influence, so 1 beer per hour is the limit if that.

Back