Going to pick up my first set of equipment tomorrow. Awesome.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcJWaters

Reaction score
So, I have brewed a long time with the Mr. Beer Kit. As I became a man though, I put away those childish things. I haven't brewed for about 3 years. Recently, I have invested on getting a mead set up with the possibility of doing beer at a later date. Tomorrow, I am picking up a 6 gallon carboy, stopper, the lock, a carboy brush, and some ingredients.

Next month, I am picking up another carboy, lock, and stopper, a syphon, and the rest of my ingredients. The goal is to start brewing a tropical mead (recipe for which will be in another thread) by the end of November and let it age until the first days of summer.

Wish me luck, leave me pointers, and wish me more luck down below...

My advice might be to make something that has a really short time frame from start to finish as well as the long term projects. For example maybe do a batch of apfelwein that you can drink in two to three months. This will increase your odds of letting the other beers sit for 7 or 8 months. This isn't a requirement by any means but I know a lot of people just starting out will be very tempted to try their brews early. This might help.

I would look at doing a brown ale. fast turn around!!! Trust me it isn't easy to wait!!!!:tank:

Back