Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I just finished...
IMG_0395.jpg

That is a parallel counterflow chiller... I wanted counterflow for the speed of cooling... But want an easier way to clean it... I found the idea on YouTube...
Sorry to high Jack but I've been considering building the same chiller. How's it been working out for you?

Sorry to high Jack but I've been considering building the same chiller. How's it been working out for you?

The initial run I drop from 175 to 83, which was ground water temperature, in under 5 minutes... I had the wort moving pretty quick so next run I’ll slow it down...

Are those filters in your last attachment for bringing water in or filtering your beer post boil...?

In either case can you mention what models they are?

I may as well hop on the bandwagon here. I used some of the ideas posted here for my Grainfather brew stand which some of you will recognize. I implemented something that I haven't seen before and that is a swing-out table for the chiller. Thanks goes to Fred Flintstone for the pipe design. Special thanks goes out to the "Our Gang" kids school of carpentry.View attachment 574504 View attachment 574506 View attachment 574507

Debuting yesterday, I have a double wide brew stand on wheels. With a work bench, storage space and my water iron filters mounted to the side. The extra elevation given from the wheels makes it easier on my back when stooping over the Grainfather.

Amejb5i.jpg
ueoTwVA.jpg
jTPRERO

Made this today for my setup. Nothing fancy. Built it out of cedar to resist any mildew and rotting. It's built like a brick **** house.

How far is it advised to keep a control panel away from a flame/heat?

Building a modified Brutus with BG14s and am wanting to mount the control panel on the side, about 11-13" away from the flame, but still on the frame.

It's a work in progress but this is what we've got so far...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1529937658504.jpg
    FB_IMG_1529937658504.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG3396429083343341353.jpg
    IMG3396429083343341353.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 316
Started two years ago with a 7 gallon Anvil kettle, and a 5 gallon cooler mash tun. Eventually realized the equipment was too small for my needs. Purchased a King Kooker stand on Amazon. The JET burner drained my propane tank very quickly, so i stuck my anvil burner on top, it fit. Here's a pic of my setup so far...

Attachments

• IMG_2225.jpg
    IMG_2225.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 344
Well, I think mine falls into the, "Ain't Pretty, But Makes Decent Beer" category.
Under construction is a 5500w double-keggle HLT/HERMS so I can stop using the still pot, keggle MLT and a simple wood stand.

Attachments

• PSX_20180721_152722.jpg
    PSX_20180721_152722.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 319
Sharing my Brew stand. Currently 15gal boil and hlt and 10gal ssbrewtech mashtun.
electric setup. have run 6 batchs so far, mostly 5 gal. last was a 10gal to try two different yeasts. was tight on the mt, 22 lbs of grain is prob the most i can safely run through it.

View media item 69311

Got inspired this past week and built a stand for my gravity all-grain setup. I use an induction burner to heat my HLT, and then near the end of the sparge move it down to heat my kettle. Previously was sitting my mash tun on a cooler. One day I'll get a second induction burner, but seems to work for now.

Before:
Before_Brewstand.jpeg

After:
After_Brewstand.jpeg

Recently gave Emily a good cleaning, replaced her keggles with some shiny new Spikes.

yRvi57B.jpg

Since this was taken, replaced the March pumps with Riptides for good measure. She sure doesn't look that shiny now!

That's pretty sweet! Clean and organized! I just picked up wood to make my brew stand my next day off. I'll post up pics of the progress.

My wife and I just moved into a new house. The basement is where my new brewery is set up. I run two 7.5gal Blichmann G2 Boilermakers with natural gas on two Blichmann burners. I have a Blichmann Tower of Power & RipTide pump that I use for temperature control and recirculation. I do 2.5gal BIAB batches with a stainless mesh basket from ArborFab. With the two pots & two burners, I double batch every brew day. I off-set the batches by about an hour. This means that while mashing batch 1, I'm heating mash water for batch 2. While boiling batch 1, I'm mashing batch 2. It has worked out well.

This is my first "leave in place" brewery. My last house was a pretty good setup in the garage off the basement. The basement was such that you didn't mind when you spilled a litte (or a lot). Garage brewing was fine. Did it for 8 years, but I had to bring everything out and put it all away for each brew day. Not awful, but it'll be nice to have it all set up.

As you can hopefully see in the pictures I have plumbing (copper pipe), drainage for the chiller (PVC pipe), electric, and ventilation for gas & steam. The idea for vent hood came from HBT users & the idea for mounting the hood on a TV arm did too. The shelving & work area are more than adequate for all the items I use. And the fermentation fridge and keezer are off on the side too. And if you look close you'll see I've got my speakers set up too so I can have my tunes playing. Currently, I'm listening to a lot of Ghost.

I put the finishing touches on it on Monday by putting up my brewery banner and putting my RO system on a cart to make it mobile. It's ready for brewing on 10/15 when I'll brewing a BIPA/CDA and an Amber Ale. :) Looking forward to the inaugural brew day!

If you want to see a panorama you can check it out here.
view

IMG_2382.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2385.JPG
IMG_2386.JPG

Back