Never ending WL570 Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewingbarrister

Reaction score
So I bought the Belgian Noel AG kit from AHS and brewed it up. Hit OG of 1.09 and pitched stepped up 2L starter of WL570. After a VERY vigorous primary fermentation for 7 days I took a SG reading and hit 1.022, which is the target for this beer. I racked to a secondary and the beer has been there for a few days. The airlock is still bubbling every few seconds! Has anyone had these kind of issues with this yeast? Should I be concerned that it will finish up too dry? I mashed in low @ 149 per Brew Like a Monk, is this what I should expect when I mash lower?

Cheers for any experiences with this yeast, I have never had this experience with an ale before!

If the fermentation was completed in the primary then its probably co2 coming out of solution. That is assuming you finished the fermentation in the primary. Did you get the same hydo reading over a 3 day period?

is your air conditioner digital? Mine was and b/c I could not set the temp below 60f I had to stick the sensor from the AC out side of it so the ac thought the conditioned space was above 60. And used a johnson controller to turn the compressor on and off.

Latest posts

Back