Undersink Water Filter (24/7 Filtration)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

510brew

Reaction score
I would really like to use a 10" water filter like the one used in this thread, only plumb it inline with my cold water supply under my sink and leave it there full-time. This way, all of the cold water that came out of my kitchen faucet would go through the filter. I'm completely ok with changing the carbon filter every few months. I think I have 1/2" braided supply hose, so I could be wrong but it seems like it would be pretty easy to find the right adapters. Does anyone see a reason not to do this? I have very soft water for what its worth. I'm also renting, so I can't drill holes in the counter or do anything permanent to the plumbing.

I too live in a rental house and that is exactly how I have mine set up. It works great.

I did it, but it reduced my pressure at the tap by quite a bit, despite being rated for it. Took it out and just use it to brew now.

You'll probably have a different experience based upon the filter that you buy, but mine was an under sink cold water filter, and it just pushed enough water for one of those little drinking spigots, not a full faucet.

Of course, now that it's broken in, it's got a little more oomph, but probably still not enough.

I did it, but it reduced my pressure at the tap by quite a bit, despite being rated for it. Took it out and just use it to brew now.

You'll probably have a different experience based upon the filter that you buy, but mine was an under sink cold water filter, and it just pushed enough water for one of those little drinking spigots, not a full faucet.

Of course, now that it's broken in, it's got a little more oomph, but probably still not enough.

Do you happen to remember what size (.5 micron/5 micron) filter you got?

I didn't notice any loss in water pressure. It is a whole house model (clear with a blue lid), many people on the board use it to filter their brewing water. I had purchased it several years ago from more beer. It has 1/2" inlet/outlet. I found suitable couplings in the plumbing section at lowes near the water supply hoses.

Latest posts

Back