CO2 fill ups

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrewr4fun

Reaction score
I just found a kegerator on Craigslist that is ready to go with lines regulators taps and kegs. I know I was talking about an all grain setup but this got me thinking, if I were to keg my own beer, does anyone have any idea where to get the co2 tank filled in the Beaverton or SW Portland metro area?

Look up beverage dispensing equipment in your area and you will likely find more than a few places that will fill your tank. You can also look under compressed gas or welding supplies. There are usually a number of sources for Co2 in any city of significant size. Portland or Beaverton should certainly have a bunch.

here's one I found using the googles:

Carbonic Systems Inc
Portland, OR 97203
(503) 286-2435

Quimby Welding downtown industrial area in Portland. I think that would be closer for you than Airgas out in Hillsboro.

Tons of places out here. If you're exchanging tanks you have the most choices. If you own a tank and just need it filled, choices are much less. Check out the yellow pages for welding supply and beverage.

I know there's a homebrew supply store somewhere on the West side. But I usually go to FH Steinbart's just off Burnside on the East side. If you've never been there before, you'll have fun. Lots of stuff and lots of grain.

I know there's a homebrew supply store somewhere on the West side. But I usually go to FH Steinbart's just off Burnside on the East side. If you've never been there before, you'll have fun. Lots of stuff and lots of grain.

What do they charge for a 5# tank of CO2?

You'd think in a city this large there'd be more than 1 place to get your own CO2 tank filled. What a joke. Everywhere is either exchange, or leave the tank for 4 days.

Lots of SCUBA/Dive shops fill up CO2. I did a Google search, and it looks like there are actually quite a few dive shops in Beaverton, OR, which kinda surprised me. Give those guys a call!!

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-...gc.r_pw.&fp=573b4a3662acd25e&biw=1024&bih=578

Thanks for looking them up. Gave them a call, 2 didn't fill the 320 connections and the 3rd said I had to be a registered scuba diver, bad for me, but maybe others in the area that are registered could go there.

Back