Goliad Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We had a great visit last weekend in Goliad.

I had a nice visit with @Kirky5000 and a very nice tour of the brewery. We loved the beer, and the brewery and grounds, and really enjoyed our time there.

IMG_4636.jpg
brewery.JPG

I have no idea why the photo of Kirk and I is sideways- we weren't even drunk yet! :D

Attachments

• IMG_4651.jpg
    IMG_4651.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 240
We had a great visit last weekend in Goliad.

I had a nice visit with @Kirky5000 and a very nice tour of the brewery. We loved the beer, and the brewery and grounds, and really enjoyed our time there.

View attachment 334053
View attachment 334055

I have no idea why the photo of Kirk and I is sideways- we weren't even drunk yet! :D

I have wanted to go in person to see their set up since I actually like their beers. Seems like you guys had a good time!

Was by far one of my favorite beer gardens in my 7 months here at Goliad Brewing Company. If you get the chance to meet/hang with Yooper, DO IT!! Not just a treasure trove of brewing info, but one amazing person to get to know. Her hubby and close friends I had the pleasure of talking too as well, just added to the hell of a good time the Goliad Brewing Company staff and I had with great company.

Thanks again for coming by and before going back up north, we should make sure the whole crew comes back and help us drink some good craft beer.
:mug: :rockin:

Was by far one of my favorite beer gardens in my 7 months here at Goliad Brewing Company. If you get the chance to meet/hang with Yooper, DO IT!! Not just a treasure trove of brewing info, but one amazing person to get to know. Her hubby and close friends I had the pleasure of talking too as well, just added to the hell of a good time the Goliad Brewing Company staff and I had with great company.

Thanks again for coming by and before going back up north, we should make sure the whole crew comes back and help us drink some good craft beer.
:mug: :rockin:

I think you should schedule a "Yooper goes home" goodbye gathering on a Saturday and publicize it here on HBT. I would imagine many HBT members would jump at the chance to meet Yooper and come out to sample your brews.

I love it!! I think that would be an amazing meet and greet for many of our brothers and sisters on HBT. Being a born and raised Houstonian for the majority of my 30 plus years, skilled knowledgable brewers are in abundance. HBT member numbers are prevalent in all of south texas (Houston, San Antonio, etc.). In the home brewing world, Yooper is one bad mofo. Extremely humble and willing to help anyone, even non-members through a beer nightmare. One of many gems here on HBT. Not being to sure how often member events take place, I imagine many would jump at the chance to meet others from the forum.

Home brewers in general love to share beer knowledge to anyone interested in listening, so there's sure to be great conversation for all. I will absolutely get with Yooper to see the best Beer Garden date here at Goliad Brewing Company (the 2nd and 4th saturday of every month) for the event. I will post any developments on the subject as soon as they happen.

Thanks for the amazing idea TxBigHops,
can't wait to meet you,
kirky5000

:pipe:
Ability is what your Capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.:cool:

Love your website brewerdoc. It's extremely informative with a welcoming/light hearted approach. Next time I learn a specific technique at the brewery, I will come back to your site to learn the science behind it and the many variables involved.

Glad you like the beer,
Well done on the website,
Kirky5000

Love your website brewerdoc. It's extremely informative with a welcoming/light hearted approach. Next time I learn a specific technique at the brewery, I will come back to your site to learn the science behind it and the many variables involved.

Glad you like the beer,
Well done on the website,
Kirky5000

Thanks for the complement I really appreciate it! Let me know if you're still in the Houston area. I'm always down to meet other brewers and tour some of the local breweries :)

:fro: I moved to Goliad a little less than a year ago, but I do come back to town from time to time. I'm always into meeting fellow beer enthusiasts, we'll have to grab a beer some time.

:fro: I moved to Goliad a little less than a year ago, but I do come back to town from time to time. I'm always into meeting fellow beer enthusiasts, we'll have to grab a beer some time.

Kirky, any progress on the Yooper meet-up, or has she already left southern God's country for northern God's country?

Kirky, any progress on the Yooper meet-up, or has she already left southern God's country for northern God's country?

Haha- I'm still here! But we are leaving here on March 18 (a Friday) to spend some time in Austin before heading home. We haven't scheduled a meet up, and I would guess that next Saturday would be the only time to do so.

It's only a bit over an hour away for us (each way), but it's tough to even do that since I can't drink and then drive home. And our dog stays sober, but he's a terrible driver. :tank:

Haha- I'm still here! But we are leaving here on March 18 (a Friday) to spend some time in Austin before heading home. We haven't scheduled a meet up, and I would guess that next Saturday would be the only time to do so.

It's only a bit over an hour away for us (each way), but it's tough to even do that since I can't drink and then drive home. And our dog stays sober, but he's a terrible driver. :tank:

Thanks Yooper. I here ya. So what part of the state are you staying in? There's a grand opening this Saturday at a new brewery near Kingwood, northeast of Houston. It's called Back Pew. They've actually been brewing for a few months now, this is just the official celebration and opening of their on premises tap room. I'll be there volunteering, as this is my nearest neighborhood brewery and I've met the owner/brewer Bobby Harl several times through my homebrew club.

Thanks Yooper. I here ya. So what part of the state are you staying in? There's a grand opening this Saturday at a new brewery near Kingwood, northeast of Houston. It's called Back Pew. They've actually been brewing for a few months now, this is just the official celebration and opening of their on premises tap room. I'll be there volunteering, as this is my nearest neighborhood brewery and I've met the owner/brewer Bobby Harl several times through my homebrew club.

We're near Corpus Christi, on the Gulf coast.

Cool pictures! I hunt on a ranch outside of Goliad...next time, I'll have to come into town and look this place up.

Yooper is wearing Crocks, my favorite footwear! I knew you were a sensible kind of woman!

Time with her I deal with beer all day at work, then it's dealing with my recipes once at home. After that it's usually studying/ reading up on the technical side of what we were doing that week. Somewhere in there remember that I have an email account which eventually lead's me back here.

I'm exhausted thinking about being exhausted. Haha. So I genuinely apologize for the delay.

To finally answer your question, no. I have not heard back from the yoops yet. She's only in TX for a few months so I'm sure she has a million different peeps wanting there time with her. I didn't want to intrude although it's getting to the back end of time in Texas, so I'll for sure attempt to touch base with her this week and will let you know asap.

thanks for the reminder, I think you had a brilliant idea. There has got to be tons of HBT's finest that would love for this not to fall through. Thanks again

:mug:

Don't know how I messed up and erased half my opening sentence there on the last post. I'm glad these don't get deleted ever so I can always feel good about that one. Lol.

I may have sampled some beer today, purely for research purposes only. Hahahaha.

This Saturday would be great for it seeing as she leaves the following week, didn't see that until after my last reply. So during my 7 hours of driving to Houston and back for a Dr. Visit, tomorrow I will give her a call

Don't know how I messed up and erased half my opening sentence there on the last post. I'm glad these don't get deleted ever so I can always feel good about that one. Lol.

I may have sampled some beer today, purely for research purposes only. Hahahaha.

This Saturday would be great for it seeing as she leaves the following week, didn't see that until after my last reply. So during my 7 hours of driving to Houston and back for a Dr. Visit, tomorrow I will give her a call

You can always call- but I don't think Saturday will work for us. It's our last weekend here on the coast and we're supposed to be cooking up some venison with our neighbors on their smoker and grill. You met some of them, when we came up to Goliad for the visit.

I can't believe how fast 2 1/2 months can go!

You may get a call a week with an open invitation like that:D

I figured you have been trying to fit in all of your friends and loved ones as is. Cause I 100% concur, 2 1/2 months can feel like a couple of weeks if your enjoying life. Erasing the word moderation when it comes to vices otherwise known as an alcoholocaust :cross::drunk:
haha just kidding

I was genuinely hoping you could make it but I completely understand / am grateful for your first visit. Was my favorite beer garden to date so thanks.

Very sorry TxBigHops and anyone else out there that was excited about the meet and greet (the amount of views on this thread were larger than I expected). Again great idea,TXBigHops we'll have to try again next year

Definitely plan to be back to visit next year! We'll see what your schedule is like by then, and maybe we can plan something in advance so others can come if they'd like.

Kirk has my phone number, and can call or text anytime if there is an opportunity to set something up Jan/Feb/early March.

thanks for everything YOOPER, we'll get ahead of next years visit so tons of your devoted fans may get to talk to you in person.

Back