What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lagunitas

Fillmore Fusion

Been a looooong day!

image-828394269.jpg

It's ok a bit too light for my taste.. like my saisons stronger though.

the 2 variations I'm gonna send you are on the light side. I brewed 10 Gallons of the NB petite kit and split with the WLP565 & WY3711. seems like a good summer beer so far, but I'd recommend letting them age a few weeks before cracking them. the Horehound Strong is good to go though.

I've been seeing this (and the others) for months and wanting to try it, but it's one of those beers that had to wait for me to get on a Belgian kick. I picked up this, the 8 and the 10 and decided to go in numerical order. This one is great! Strong but restrained maltiness, very low bitterness, a soft sour note and finishes pretty dry with an almost astringent sensation.

I'm a BIG fan of the 8.

WOW!! This Epic, Hop Zombie is pretty damn amazing.

The first smell was pretty much exactly like the first bag of Citra hops I bought. It smelled exactly like opening the bag and taking a whiff. Now it has changed a bit as its gotten warmer, but its very citrusy and really good. Wish I knew the hop profile on it. Loving it!

Milk Stout (WARNING: makes you back fire), Winter Ale, Hard Cider - broken ankle is better brewing Back Woods Stout and Northern IPA back-to-back this weekend!!!! HO! YA!

WOW!! This Epic, Hop Zombie is pretty damn amazing.

The first smell was pretty much exactly like the first bag of Citra hops I bought. It smelled exactly like opening the bag and taking a whiff. Now it has changed a bit as its gotten warmer, but its very citrusy and really good. Wish I knew the hop profile on it. Loving it!

I guess I should have looked at their website. It seems its all Citra based. Or at least thats what it sounds like. they dont say for sure, but its pretty obvious. Kinda weird that NZ grows so many hops, and they used a US/ English hop for this. I am ging to buy more of this beer for sure though. But at $10 a bottle, its a bit spendy haha :rockin:

bottlebomber said:
I paired it with this ghost chili pizza, and almost died. They're right, this keg won't die. I drank as much as I was comfortable drinking and it didn't kick. I'll be back tomorrow ;)

Awesome. Pizza looks great. I guess they're using the same kegs that Billy Klubb had his Falconers AL in, never kicks. ;)

Sorry for the crap picture. He you go.

View attachment 104414

Right on glad they arrived safely. If you don't like that single hop I'll be really surprised it's an awesome brew. And that Lagunita's Red is one of my all time favorites.. too bad I can't find them anymore. Anybody else know if they are even still going to make them? It's not listed on their website anymore :confused:

I was in Colorado today so I picked up some Apricot Blonde from Dry Dock Brewing. Pretty good for a fruit beer. Has anyone tried New Belgium's Rampant?

had a punk i got three left sorta trying to see how long they go and still taste good. its still tasty and i got 2 cases when then they first came out. then i had sly fox phoenix pale ale wasnt to bad would defintly drink again.
4845FCE6-8159-4DBD-ABA3-8C9A775159EF-1993-0000023EA78B616A_zps240a07d1.jpg

0EFC8146-E9B9-4E84-AB8D-74CF851399FA-1993-0000023E8C5F5D25_zps18fb7daa.jpg

Marooned on Hog Island. Tasty, tasty

View attachment 104429

DAMN!! How do you have that there and I live 30 minutes from the brewery and I have never seen it around here. I have been looking for that for so damn long. 21st usually has decent beers, but I really want to try that. Time to head to the brewery to find it I guess. But I dont think they sell beers to go. Not even sure if they have growlers. Its 2 blocks from AT&T park. Its our go to place before Giants games.

DAMN!! How do you have that there and I live 30 minutes from the brewery and I have never seen it around here. I have been looking for that for so damn long. 21st usually has decent beers, but I really want to try that. Time to head to the brewery to find it I guess. But I dont think they sell beers to go. Not even sure if they have growlers. Its 2 blocks from AT&T park. Its our go to place before Giants games.

Go check it out! It's pretty good. My MGM had it even... Interesting how its not distributed close to you. That or everyone is takin' em.

My own grapefruit wine. I'm always surprised out well this aged, it was horrible when it finished fermenting.

Back