Well... that just made me smile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Just as small things can leave me hot under the collar for extended periods of time, I also, on a semi regular basis, experience pleasant little tidbits of humanity that make it almost all worth it.

I just stopped at a newstand to buy a can of altoids. I checked each of my pockets and realized I left my wallet on my desk. I grumbled that I would be back and started to head for my office building. Indian gentleman behind the newstand (I mention he is Indian only because of the thick accent that made it difficult for me to understand what he was saying) emoted to me to wait. I turned around and said "yes?" He said something that I didnt understand. I asked him what he said and I heard something to the tune of "take one and come back later".

I have never bought anything from this newstand before, and he doesnt know me from Adam. What a nice thing to do, not only spot me the altoids but call after me as I started to walk away.

I brought him the money right away :)

Sometimes it can be easy to forget that there are still caring human beings amongst us. It's always great to hear stories like this!

Agreed. I am pretty loyal when it comes to those I do business with. Drives my wife crazy at times.

I am too, but it goes the other way as well. For instance, if I have a crappy meal and/or poor service in a restaurant, they'll never see me again...

Yuppers, you need to visit that business...and spend some $$$...on a regular basis. The opposite is true, too. There are several businesses that I absolutely refuse to use because of how I was treated...or mistreated...by the personnel. What goes around, comes around!

glenn514:mug:

It's really unfortunate that I dont need altoids all that often. Or lottery tickets. Or a paper and ink newspaper. I'd like to throw more business his way, but I dont really need his wares all that often.

Agreed. I am pretty loyal when it comes to those I do business with. Drives my wife crazy at times.

I hear you. After opening and explaining all the workings of a Blichmann beer gun which I ready to drop 100 bucks on, my local homebrew shop owner asked what u was using it for. Explained, told me to save myself 100 bucks and not buy it. That's why I go there over ordering online, and will buy from him when I eventually get the beer gun. Just don't need it right now.

I hear you. After opening and explaining all the workings of a Blichmann beer gun which I ready to drop 100 bucks on, my local homebrew shop owner asked what u was using it for. Explained, told me to save myself 100 bucks and not buy it. That's why I go there over ordering online, and will buy from him when I eventually get the beer gun. Just don't need it right now.

Same reason I go to my lhbs. Its an hour and a half round trip bit they are nice and sell me what I need, even when there is a pricier option. Customer service goes a long way

I live by a simple motto when it comes to things like this: people who *earn* my money and respect will get it; people who don't, won't.

I try to live that in opposite, too. You should prove you're worthy of the trust and respect that you expect people to give you.

Back