3 months in secondary!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defenestrate

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
well i brewed a batch of beer with my buddy months ago, and after he transfered it to the secondary he never bottled it. he is moving so he brought it over my house and i just laughed. so naturally, i just put in the priming sugar and bottled it:rockin: is it even possible for the yeast to still produce carbonation? the beer was incredibly clear, i guess all that time helped.

I'm guessing there are various factors here, so take my example with a grain of salt, but I had a red ale that sat in a secondary for 8+ months and carbonated up just fine when I finally bottled it.

I've gone three months in secondary more than once. Carbed up fine. Looked great. Tasted great.

I've gone three months in secondary more than once. Carbed up fine. Looked great. Tasted great.

3 months, man the yeast are just napping on you.
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war.
Why do I get an stranger genetic urges on hearing that? I when will the warrior / survivor be be bred out of our humanity? I just hope I'm not around to sign off on it.

3 months, man the yeast are just napping on you.
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war.
Why do I get an stranger genetic urges on hearing that? I when will the warrior / survivor be be bred out of our humanity? I just hope I'm not around to sign off on it.

When the warrior / survivor is bred out of humanity, mankind will cease to exist. That doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to get along, of course.

When the warrior / survivor is bred out of humanity, mankind will cease to exist. That doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to get along, of course.

"Conan, what is best in life?"

"To brew beer, to see it bubble in the fermentator, and to hear the lamentation of SWMBO".

:cool:

Back