• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Qty 2 - cadillac e keggles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunmetal

Reaction score
I call these e keggles cadillac because they (qty 2) have all of the features in one that I like. First up they both have 3/4" 3 piece tri clover valves, one a red handle, one a blue.

All of the fittings on the keg are welded tri clover ferules. 3/4" for the valves. The valves also have a 3/4" tri clover to 1/2" female pipe thread adaptor on the output of my making.

The interior of the kegs have a 3/4" compression fitting dip tube attached to the valve ferule.

Because these are Electric keggles each keg has a 1.5" tri clover ferule welded to the keg with a 1.5" tri clover to 1" thread adaptor for the heating element also of my design.
DSC01999.jpg

Following the E keggle design are 3/4" tri clover ferules welded to the keg with temperature probe adaptors to 1/4" pipe thread.
DSC02000.jpg

Both kegs also have a thermowell welded to the keg with a 3" face stainless thermometer with a range of 0 240 degrees. No interior threads on the inside of the keggle, and no need to take thermo out for cleaning.
Both kegs were made identical to each other. Both have 3/4" tri clover valves with a tri clover to 1/2" female pipe thread adaptor, 1.5" tri clover heating element adaptors, 3/4" tri clover to 1/4" temperature probe adaptors, thermowells with 3" face 0 to 240 degree thermometers, and 3/4" stainless compression fitting dip tubes on the inside. Kegs do not include heating elements (shown for illustration only) or temp probes. The heating element adaptors are mounted on the right side of the kegs and the temperature probe adaptors are mounted on the left side.
First up the "Miller keg" it has the highet polish and just a small dent or two.
DSC01988.jpg

Heating element tri clover adaptor (heating element not included)
DSC01989.jpg

Valve and thermowell.
DSC01990.jpg

temperature probe adaptor 1/4" pipe thread.
DSC01991.jpg

The second keg is the "Dos Equiss keg" The polish is real good, but not quite as nice as the miller keg, and it may have a couple more small dents than the miller keg.
DSC01993.jpg

Heating element adaptor.
DSC01994.jpg

valve and thermowell.
DSC01995.jpg

Temperature probe adaptor.
DSC01996.jpg

I was limited to ten pictures in this post, so I was not able to show everything in exteme detail. The pictures speak for themselves. I am no professional by any means, just someone that has been collecting parts for years. When these two are gone there will be no more. I am asking $240.00 for each keggle complete with valves, thermometer, dip tube, heating element adaptor, and temperature probe adaptors. All gaskets and clamps will come with kegs as well as an extra 3/4" ferulle, gasket, and clamp. Shipping is the killer. While local pick up would be nice, I expect shipping to run between 30 to 55 dollars per keg. The boxes to ship them in costs me $12.50 each, which is included in the costs of each keg. I will charge actual UPS shipping charges from 43215 (Columbus, Ohio) and check with Fed Ex to see if it can be shiped cheaper. Price is firm, do the math and see what gator grit pads, kegs, thermos, tri clover valves, etc. costs. I am doing this to raise some cash for the holidays, not to make a killing. All welding was done (tig) by a local shop who has done all my work for years, the guy is a great welder, the polish on the kegs make it hard to pick up the fine work. I am not a premium member, so I am limited to 5 personal messages. First repllies to post will be treated first, not personal messages. If that person does not like shipping costs, etc. then I will continue to the next person.

i must be a noob at the "e-keggle" design, mind posting a link to what design you went off?

You say it has the heating element adaptor but no heating element, will just any element fit?

the adaptor has 1' threads, so any element will screw in that has 1" threads which is most common.

PM'd

Also, is the output from the valves 1/2" threaded? I need to be able to screw in my quick disconnect fitting.

Yes, the output of the valve has a tri clover to 1/2" female pipe thread adaptor.

Payment sent! I'll contact you about picking it up after I talk with my brother in law who lives up by you. Thanks!

I call these e keggles cadillac because they (qty 2) have all of the features in one that I like. First up they both have 3/4" 3 piece tri clover valves, one a red handle, one a blue.

All of the fittings on the keg are welded tri clover ferules. 3/4" for the valves. The valves also have a 3/4" tri clover to 1/2" female pipe thread adaptor on the output of my making.

The interior of the kegs have a 3/4" compression fitting dip tube attached to the valve ferule.

Because these are Electric keggles each keg has a 1.5" tri clover ferule welded to the keg with a 1.5" tri clover to 1" thread adaptor for the heating element also of my design.
[

Are you willing to explaing the designo of the tri clover ferules? So you thread the element rather than make a box around it or is there an electrical type box still needed? If you have another thread with this design you can just post that. Thanks

Tri clover fittings fit together with a gasket between them and held together by a clamp. The adaptors just go from tri clover to threads, in order to be able to screw in the heating element, hose barb on the output of the valve, and 1/4" pipe threads for the temperature sensor. The first picture shows the adaptor for the heating element. You still need a way to "pot" your connections by using a box, etc. P.S. dont forget the ground wire.

The tri clover ferule sticks into the keg about 1". A 3/4" stainless compression fitting attaches to it and the dip tube.
DSC02001.jpg

I'm interested in the keg.. Let me know shipping to 21710 and will you take PayPal?

It appears that the second keggle is sold. Will know tomorrow morning and make final post.

Im in Cleveland and want one. Let me know if the sales of one falls through. If not I have a Keg that I would like to convert to one, so I would be interested in hearing how you did this and what parts I need to acquire.

Thanks!

Back